SEVEN

Warning!

You know what I mean.
But it's not that bad.

•••

Monday, 06.50 AM

Ae was ready to go to his office. He usually go earlier than Pete because his workplace is further. Pete used to wake up shortly after Ae finished showering, but that morning, Pete was a sleeping beauty. The sound of water running down and the bathroom door opened didn't wake him up. He didn't even move a bit.

Thinking about last night, Ae understood why the princess slept so well.

Ae prepared towel and bathrobe for Pete in the bathroom before saying goodbye to his husband.

"Ai Pete... It's almost 7, I have to go, you have to wake up and get dressed." Ae woke his husband up. "I switch off the air conditioner, so it's time for you to get out of the bed."

Ae's habit was really something. Every morning, at 7 AM, he always switches off the aircon because "I know I have enough money now to even waste the electrical power, but no one is home so why don't we turn it off? Our money can be used to buy something else." Ae said on a day when Pete forgot switching off the aircon.

Pete opened his eyes a bit. He wanted to stretch up but he suddenly felt something that is not too good for Ae to know, so he stayed still.

"Good, you wake up now." Ae smiled. "I'm going now. I just dropped some documents in the office and go to uni soccer field. I'll drop by the hotel if the play finishes early. Okay?"

Pete's eyes, who have been fully opened, blinked several times.

"You forget about the friendly match with the freshmen, right?" Ae chuckled while Pete could only nodded. "That's alright. It's not a serious match."

Ae kissed Pete's forehead before going. "I'm off." He whispered softly.

Pete curved a smile. His eyes still followed Ae until the man disappear from his sight.

Pete inhaled and exhaled deeply. He prepared himself to move up.

"You can do it, Pete..." He mumbled to himself.

Pete startled at the first move he tried to get up. No way! The pain on his lower back was hard to resist. When Pete tried to step his feet on the floor, they were still quivered.

"Slowly... Pete, slowly..." Pete got up from the bed and walked falteringly to the bathroom. He exhaled deeply when finally he reached the room.

The bathroom door was closed.

Little that Pete knew, Ae was standing, leaned his back on the opened bedroom's door, watching the scene.

07.30 AM

Pete felt better after sinking his body into warm water. He spent 15 minutes in the bathtub. He was about to get going when he found Ae and his car was still in the parking lot.

Pete stunned. "Ae?!"

"Come to me..." Ae ordered. "...running."