fourteen

Warning!

Just... don't read something that you should not read.

•••

Friday, 07.00 AM

It had been a month Ae was transferred to his new office. Pete also started trying new things, helping in Ae's family restaurant. They were living their life like usual but in a new place. They adapted quickly as they were there supporting each other.

That morning, Ae was watching his husband stirring rice in a pot on the electric stove. Pete's porridge is the best for him since he got a fever last time.

"Really hungry."

"Ae, please wait khrab. I'm cooking here." Pete tried to make Ae wait calmly on the dining room. "I'm not done yet."

"I won't leave you." Ae said. "Today, it will be my first presentation in front of P'Kongpob. I'm nervous." Ae hugged Pete from the back, seeking some comfort.

Pete patted the arms who were wrapping his waist. "If it's Ae, everything will work out."

"Ai Pete, stop stirring. It's done already."

"Khrab."

On breakfast time, Ae was ready to go to the office, as usual, while Pete was still in pyjamas.

"I haven't talk much yet with P'Kongpob but he seems nice as a person." Ae told Pete.

"Then, Ae don't need to be so nervous." Pete concluded.

"I'm still nervous. It's my first time presenting my idea about their current project." Ae's forehead furrowed. "This is my first assignment from P'Kongpob. I have to try to find what is wrong with this project because it has been stuck for a long time. What if my finding is not accurate? The solutions I suggested wilk not work."

"But, Ae... No one there knew what is wrong all this time. What Ae have discovered is valuable and the solutions should be worth to try." Pete calmed Ae down. "If the company doesn't want to try it, no one will know what is right to do with the project because nothing has been done."

Ae really forgot that Pete was more clever than him. He was good at analysis. Overanalyzing, sometimes 😅

"Pray for me that they will be opened at my suggestion." Ae asked.

"I will pray for people in the company is wise enough to consider Ae's effort at solving this problem." Pete said. "I hope P'Kongpob is a good person for real, like Ae told me."

Ae chuckled. It was funny to hear Pete sounded like he was doubting if Ae's boss is kind.

"Get over it. Finish your breakfast. I need to go in 15 minutes."

"Khrab..."

Ae's office, 09.00 AM

The meeting would be start in 15 minutes, but Ae could not stay still. He looked worried.

"Worry much?"

"Ah, P'Mew. You've arrived." Ae smiled awkwardly to his subordinate. "Not much, but..."

"What is it?"

"Nevermind khrab." Ae tried to calm his nerves. He wanted to call Pete, but he knew that the man would not bring his phone while helping in the restaurant.

"Kong is smarter than any of us. He can thing clearer about everything, too, something I always amaze of. You'll be fine." Mew said while checking out his work on the laptop. "You've worked hard for 2 weeks. I believe he can tell."