FIFTEEN

If you are looking for the warning sign,
it's absent today 👀

•••

Still Sunday, 11.30 AM

Pete could finally stop his tears. His lower body was all in pain. He tried not to pay attention to bloodspots on the bed sheet and bed cover.

"Nggghh..." Pete let out a soft moan while moving slowly to the other side of the bed. He managed to move closer to the phone on the bedside table. He took the cellphone hidden in the drawer and searched for a phone number.

"Halo kha."

"ChaAm, please don't tell anyone there that I call you."

"Who is this kha?" ChaAm did not recognize the number because Pete was using the hotel phone.

"I'm Pete khrab."

Pete could hear ChaAm moved away from her place. She sounded like she was walking somewhere noiseless.

"Pete?! People were looking for you. How is everything with Ae?"

"Am... I can't answer now but can I ask you for help first khrab?"

"Pete..." ChaAm sound sad because she could hear Pete still sobbing. No answer from Pete meant so much for ChaAm. "Okay then. What can I do for you, Pete?"

12.20 AM

ChaAm walked in the hallway to Pete's room with a plastic bag full of Pete's needs. She stopped moving forward when she found a man was standing in front of the door with his face went blank.

"Ae?" ChaAm called the man hesitatingly. Luckily, she was right. The man turned his face at ChaAm and came close to her. "Ae... Did Pete not open the door for you? How long have you been standing there?"

Ae shook his head. "Tin opened the door for me. I got out a while ago." The plastic bag in ChaAm's hand attracted Ae's attention. "He told you to buy them?"

"Hmm." ChaAm nodded. "I think he is injured."

"He has fissure." Ae replied fast.

ChaAm had a slight idea about what had happened inside the room before Pete called her.

"Am, I'll be back to my house tonight." Ae said. "Pete might need you to help him taking care of the room. If he asks you to treat the wound, please help him na, ChaAm."

ChaAm smiled. "Is he not going back with Ae?"

"He is not going back with me." The look in Ae's eyes had shown ChaAm that Ae was in despair. "Does Pond know about this?"

"He doesn't."

"Why do Am not tell him?"

"Pete asked me not to tell anyone. Also, if I told him, he would try to make you both get along again barbarically." ChaAm answered.

Ae fell silent. He thought about everything that might Pete needs when he was not there. If it's ChaAm, I can count on her.

"Am..." Ae started talking again. "Pete is really introverted. If he trusts you like this, please accompany him, just in case he needs someone to pour his heart out."

"Okay kha."

Ae nodded. He turned his face back and staring for a minute to the closed door. The sorrow was clearly there. His eyes still glistened.

After a deep inhale, Ae smiled bitterly to ChaAm. "I need to go, ChaAm." Ae stepped forward, leaving the woman behind.

"Ae," ChaAm called the man who was about to let everything go. "I was one of some people that witnessed how big your love is for Pete. I believe whatever happened between you right now is because of that size of love, too."