28. Method for a Hand

A/N Hey! Time to find out things... I don't wanna say cause spoilers for the chapter!
Also for those of you, that got a notification and don't see the new chapter at the end, I moved it to where it belonged after chapter 23. Why? Because it's Koue's background and I feel like it makes sense to put it after the chapter where it mentions his background.
May the Lotus Guide you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What... Why there a gun here?! In Aetherium?! They shouldn't be this far advanced!!

My face had a mixture of shock and surprise on it.
Koue seemed to notice and looked at me for help.

"That's a gun... Why do you have a gun? It's from my world!" I exclaimed loudly.

The people in the shadow walked into the light.

It was two people I didn't expect...

Raiter Asmodeus and his assistant... His assistant had the gun.

It was a silver flintlock rifle, it looked to be magical. It had a really dark blue gemstone in the stock.

{Better for you guys} Raiter's assistant seemed to notice me looking at it and held it close to her

Raiter's assistant seemed to notice me looking at it and held it close to her.
Raiter patted their head.

"Now I'm not here to fight... Even if I was.

You would never win."  he said with a stoic face.
There was no lie hidden in his voice. No arrogance.

"I hate it when you're right." Zorlo sighed. "Hell, you're even older than Ruvaak over here."

My mouth opened in shock.
I assumed that the first demon war was earlier than it actually was... I assumed that Raiter was about 150 years old.
But he's older than a Dragon God... and I don't know his age.

I looked toward Ruvaak with my mouth still open.
"Over a thousand kid," he said before the words even left my lips.
Which causes both Koue's and my mouth to open further.

I looked back at Raiter. "H-how?!" I asked in shock.
Raiter sighed, "My magic. The maximum people who knew what my magic was 7, but three of them are dead. Obviously, my assistant knows. But the rest will be a secret!" he laughed.

"Now onto the topic at 'hand'" he quietly snickered with his assistant just had their face in their hands.
A small lock of grey hair slipped out. They noticed this and quickly tucked it back in, and kicked Raiter in the shin.

"I'll be honest, Koue I know of a way to get something to replace your hand. But I don't expect it to be for free. I want something in return."

Koue looked sceptical.

Raiter put his hands up, "It's nothing much... Just information. About Hana."
Koue looked like his was going to punch him.

"What!" Koue growled.
"If you found out that your sister was living with... Let's say... An evil God. What would you do?" Raiter said seriously.