Late

Peter jogged into the tower silently cursing, he was very late- he usually arrived at the tower on Saturdays for his internship (which is very real, thanks for nothing, Flash), around 10 am, but it was now 1 pm and the tower was bustling with people.

He usually got to the tower at 10 because nothing ever takes place until noon, giving him time to walk into the tower with minimum people asking him questions, questions he just couldn't answer.

But today was different, he woke up late, then the train broke down, and to top it off- he forgot his pass at home and by the time he remembered he was already a block away from the tower.

He would've swung to the tower in his suit- but his suit was in the tower for upgrades because the other day he broke a wire and Mr Stark was scared he'd ruin the multi-million dollar suit and demanded for it to be given to him to fix it. There might have also been a bomb strapped to his chest when the wire broke- it was a crazy night filled with Mr Stark being stressed beyond belief. Needless to say, he was very anxious to get his suit back as soon as possible.

His footsteps echoed in his ears as he ran to the metal detectors prepared to talk to Friday and get her to manually let him inside- but was pulled to the side before he could even reach the metal detectors.

A frazzled worker(who was definitely not a Stark Industry employee if her badge of a well-known University was anything to say for it) was holding his arm- and was staring at him as if he was mad. "Are you crazy? You can't just leave the tour group like that- get back in, or you'll never have a chance of interning here."

It was at that moment that Peter remembered he was wearing a sweatshirt of the exact university that the girl's badge read.

She thought he was one of the students she was in charge of.

Today was just not Peter's day.

Before he could say anything to tell her that he was, in fact, not one of the students she was in charge of, he was whisked into a tour group of eager looking University students, all holding pamphlets about interning at Stark Industries.

A few kids looked at him strangely and Peter shifted uncomfortably, being around 20 something-year-olds as a fifteen-year-old was slightly intimidating. That was until a kid a couple years older than him walked over to him and gave Peter a small smile, "You seem a bit young to be going to the school..." When the guy saw Peter's face (one of which was 'thank god let me leave this group, please' but seemed to have taken it as one of panic) he responded, "don't worry- I'm no snitch."

Today was just not his day.

The tour began and soon Peter found himself being herded around the building by a tour guide who knew nothing about the building, the only true thing she said was that the owner was Tony Stark and that it was almost impossible to get a job here.

A couple of interns and workers who knew Peter as Mr Stark's intern gave him so inquiring looks, of which he responded with a resigned shrug. He had come to the conclusion that this was his life and he should just wait for the tour to be over to get to work. He was already late- what was one more hour?

-=-

Meanwhile, Tony Stark was up in his penthouse pacing, concerned for the spiderling. He was never late for their work at the tower.

Tony's heart jolted when Friday spoke up, "It seems Peter has arrived at the tower. But does not seem on his way up to the penthouse."

His eyebrows ruffled in confusion, if he wasn't on his way up to their personal labs, then just where was he going? "Friday, pull up all the cameras on the kid- let's see what he's up to."

The camera footage showed Peter rushing in before being swept into a tour group. Tony let out a small chuckle when he watched the kid try and sneak out of the group, before being herded back into the group by a worker with an annoyed look. "Seems the kid's got himself into a bit of a situation, what do you think, Friday? Shall we go get him out of this one?"

-=-

Peter was getting annoyed, he didn't need to be here hearing about the Stark internship and how to apply when he already had an internship. An internship as Tony Stark's personal intern nonetheless!

The guy he had met in the lobby (who he learned the name of was also Peter, funny right?) gave him half of his sandwich at lunch and they both sat with the older Peter's friends. When Peter (Parker that is) was asked what his age is, he told the table with a blush, "fifteen..."

They all laughed and a couple of the girls at the table cooed at how young and cute he was before ruffling his hair like he was a little brother. "How'd you even get into this tour?"

Peter gave a small shrug and took a bite of the sandwich, "long story."

"Wanted to get an internship here, huh? Well, we're warning you that it's really hard to get into, kid." one of the adults at the table informed Peter.

With a mischievous smile, Peter responded, "I'm almost sure I'm guaranteed a position."

The others just laughed goodnaturedly, "What a cocky little bastard! Well, you do you, kid." With that, lunch was over and the group was walking behind the university worker once again.

Peter's eyes felt heavy as boredom set in as they walked through the office spaces, he really wished he had spoken up about not being in the school- he could've done so much more with his time that he had spent walking around the lower level floors.

Suddenly the room went unnaturally quiet, so quiet that Peter's eyes jolted open in alarm- his spidey senses weren't going off, but when people all of a sudden went dead quiet something important was usually happening.

To the room's amazement, the one and only Tony Stark was walking into the room in a pair of sweatpants and a white t-shirt. Floor 32 literally never saw their boss, as he was usually too busy tinkering around on the more important floors above them. So to say they were just surprised to see him walking through the floor at all was a monumental understatement.

Then, to the tour group's shock, he walked right up to them. Some students puffed out their chests and rummaged through their bags to find their resumes, hoping to show how much of an asset they'd be to the company. But Tony paid no mind to the adults and instead walked up to the fifteen-year-old kid who was grimacing slightly. "H-hi Mr Stark, sorry I'm late for work. I got carried away with other matters."

Everyone dramatically gasped at the word 'work', especially the people who sat with Peter at lunch, knowing his true age.

Tony Stark didn't react to any of the people's reactions, instead gave Peter a stern Dad Look™ before grinning and letting out a laugh, "How do you keep ending up in these situations, Pete? It's crazy how much the universe targets you for awkward and idiotic situations!"

Peter just blushed and walked over to his mentor, "I really don't try to get into these things- they just find me!" He talked with his hands, throwing in some extravagant motions to try and get the point across, that he didn't usually go out looking for these unorthodox situations!

As the two walked away from the tour group and towards the elevator, the other Peter spoke up, too curious not to ask, "Wait what's your position here?"

Mr Stark gave the guy his award-winning smile, "Why, this kid genius here is my personal intern and future heir to the company."

The group kind of froze, and Peter did as well, he ever asked Mr Stark, "When did I become the heir to Stark Industries? I know I don't always listen- but I swear that we never talked about this."

"I was actually going to tell you this morning, but you were late-"

The two disappeared into the elevator and the whole floor was, well floored.

Who knew that a simple tour would lead to meeting Tony Stark as well as the heir to Stark Industries? Because the students sure didn't, and neither did the poor worker who was leading the tour- did she really just drag Stark's kid along on the tour filled with mostly made up facts?

Today was a horrible day, she decided before clearing her throat awkwardly and continuing the tour. A terribly horrible day.