Plans

Hydra was unleashing chaos. But what else is new? It seemed that SHIELD needed Peter to turn on his creators, to fight. Once a weapon, always a weapon, sang a voice in his head.

Eleven agents sat at the table, professionally avoiding Peter's gaze. But Peter wasn't quite as professional as them, and instead assigned an eye to each agent. Every little move they made was observed by him. They couldn't even itch their side without Peter knowing it.

Doing this was easy, and Peter couldn't remember a time not being able to focus on multiple things at a time, so he had nothing to compare it to. He couldn't remember much from when he was human. Only that he actually had body heat and wouldn't freeze at every little cold draft.

The agents, (five on the left side of the table, and five on the right) were looking through their assignments. Peter had an assignment too, laid out in front of him, but considering he wasn't too inclined to be here in the first place, he didn't bother to open and read it.

"Plans of attack?" asked the pirate looking guy standing at the front. Peter assumed he must be in charge, considering he was sitting at the head of the table. He wasn't looking through his assignment either, just scanning his agents as they read over the details.

Various SHIELD members would propose their ideas with a sure voice and well thought out plan. Every time, the leader would give the agents his full attention and wait for the person to finish vocalizing their ideas. Then, and only then, would he bring up some holes in the plan, but after concepts he had considered to be 'strong' would appear on the wall behind him.

Peter eyed the leader with interest. Just before another agent could bring up their proposition, Peter spoke up. "Who is it?"

The agents all froze, before turning their heads to stare at him. Peter could see the disguised surprise on a few of their faces and was starting to get annoyed as agents' gazes bounced from one eye to the next. "What do you mean?" Asked the leader, whose steel cold gaze seemed to shake Peter to the core.

"Who do I have to kill? That's what I'm here for, isn't it?"

The room became deathly quiet. The ten agents looked away from him and started to flip through their packets. Meanwhile, the leader watched him. "Do you want that? Are you thirsty for blood?"
The question shocked him, to say the least. Of course, he wasn't 'thirsty for blood' that was the last thing he was! Peter doesn't want to kill- hell, he never has! He had only done what he was required to do. What he had to do to survive. What he wants has never mattered. If it did, he wouldn't be here right now. He'd have two eyes, at school with people he could call 'friends', and being in the warm embrace of his mother. But instead, he was here. A monster, a killer, being sent off on another job, trapped in a lonely and cold concrete building.

He didn't voice these opinions though, Peter had learned the hard way that objecting to something due to his own beliefs lead to nothing but pain. Instead, he just leaned back in the chair and stared back at the man. After an eternity, the leader replied, "We're not sending you out to kill someone. You're an unpredictable entity. We don't know your training level, your goals, or where your loyalties lie. There is zero chance that I will send you out to assassinate one of your former coworkers."

Peter couldn't keep the relief and shock off of his face. He still didn't know what to make of this pirate dude and if he could trust him-- but he could respect him.

So he relaxed in his chair and for the first time since entering the room, he took his eyes off of the agents and directed them towards the booklet in front of him. A smile snacked its way onto his face, his fangs glinting in the office light. "Then let's really start this meeting-" With that, he flicked open the folder and directed his full attention on the man.

The pirate just smiled, before standing up. The lights went out and a projection of various blueprints appeared on the wall behind him. "Sounds like a plan."

-=-

What up? School starts next week, and work is killing me. Who knew accounting was boring lmao

But like I raised almost $300 for charity so that's pretty wack.

-SecretsInMyHead