Reincarnation

The castle loomed in the distance as Peter rode on closer to the fortress. Stone walls stretched on forever and the ancient trees blocked out the sun. Clopping of his horse's hooves on the ground brought a steady rhythm that mimicked the sound of his own heart as anxiety gripped him.

His friend, and fellow knight companion, Bucky, rode up beside him and eyed the castle. "Whatever is about to happen- know you were always a great friend."

And with that, they rode through the open gates to face the wrath of their monarch. They paid the price of a lost battle that day, a price paid in blood.

-=-

Peter was staring at the castle ruins as a vague sense of nostalgia hit him. It was hard to focus on why exactly he felt a simultaneous fondness and fear of the rubble when his classmates were chatting loudly in the background.

"Peter!" called Ned, he ran over to Peter and beamed, sunscreen vibrant on his nose and a bucket hat laying leisurely on his tousled hair. "We're at a historical landmark, it's so fantastic! Look alive!" He danced around Peter, and MJ watched with a camera in hand and a disinterested smirk on her face.

"Something about this place..." Peter hesitated, and Ned leaned closer to his friend, "is off. My spidey senses just have me feeling some weird shit."

It was then that their teacher called them all over for a meeting and to start the tour. The entire class stood inside the relics of the castle and the foreboding sense just grew. Every step Peter took into the castle's ruins, the worse his headache grew and his the more his hair stood up in fear.

His teacher soon saw that Peter was physically trembling, and his skin was pale with a moist coat indicating illness covering him from head to toe. "Peter? Are you okay?" He whispered to the student, fear of losing another kid on a field trip haunting him.

Peter took another step, and the tour guide's voice became a screeching drill in his head and his legs gave way and he fell to the ground. His stomach revolted and soon he was throwing up his lunch and shaking as the castle's ruins around him came alive.

The crumbling walls seemed to go back in time and built themselves up till they towered over him with torches flickering and lighting up the hall full of portraits of historical figures lined the shimmering walls.

Shakespearean words, and tongues now long forgotten with time echoed in his ears as chatter and music surrounded him. Distantly a part of him could still hear his teacher's voice, screaming his name, but the more present part was standing in shimmering armour smiling at his friends, an iron sword on his hip.

"Shall we go dine, dear friend?" Peter smiled, the words escaping his lips without him even registering what was happening. The face he recognized now as the Winter Soldier, Bucky Barnes, just nodded and the two walked into the Great Hall, not knowing just exactly what they had gotten themselves into.

-=-

It's short and late, but in my defence, I wrote this drunk so I hope you enjoy

Part 2?

-SecretsInMyHead