A Hydra Filled Vacation 1/2

Trigger Warning:

Some mention of torture, be safe kids don't push yourself to read things if they make you sad. Stay healthy! :)

Peter was having a bad summer vacation. It started with Aunt May dropping him off at her distant cousin because she was going to be too busy to take care of him, and then ended with being kidnapped by said, distant cousin, because they were an evil piece of shit.

He had spent two months- let him reiterate- two months, trapped in the basement of what he had learned was called Hydra. Peter had heard of Hydra from his uncles Steve and Bucky, and he knew they were bad news, so being kidnapped by them was just a cherry on top of an already bad start to the summer.

To top it all off, since they had caught Peter in his civilian self, without his mask, he couldn't really do any spidey skills because then they'd know who he is, and who he loved. And nothing was worth getting the ones he called family and friends hurt because he couldn't handle a bit of pain from some mediocre bad guys.

Little did Peter know, they were not mediocre.

In fact, they were pretty much veterans at this whole bad guy thing.

So, two months had passed, and Peter spent the entirety of it trapped in the basement of Hydra, due to his aunt's distant cousin (did that make her his distant aunt?) crazy cult dealings with the group.

When summer was up, all Peter could hear in his head were whisperings of 'Hail Hydra' over and over again, it was hell to say the least. They played that mantra over and over through a speaker in the room, as well as looping a message about how they were just doing things for the good of humanity.

Peter was a genius. Least to say, he knew right from wrong, and so he knew that Hydra was NOT the good guys.

May opened the door to find Peter sitting in the hall waiting for her, with blank eyes. Without a second thought, May took Peter into the car with a hug and then drove away. "Was she that bad?" Aunt May asked Peter. Maybe it was a bad idea for her to go back to school over the summer, maybe it was a bad idea to leave Peter, who she sees as a son, in the hands of a distant relative whom she hardly knew.

Peter simply nodded in response to the question, before letting out a relieved sigh that he was out of there. He made a promise to himself that he would never tell May about what happened, she'd just blame herself, and Peter knew that May couldn't live with something as dark as handing over her nephew to torturous lunatics for a few months, not after Uncle Ben, and especially not after knowing that she has to work day and night to keep them both in the apartment.

The drive home passed fast, and before Peter knew it, he was in the Avengers tower catching up with the Avengers. It still all felt pretty surreal that he himself was an Avenger. Well, not a real Avenger, with the weapons and secret dangerous missions, but he did get the title after helping Mr Stark and Dr Strange on the way to fight Thanos in space.

Everyone in the tower welcomed him with open arms, which after two months of basic isolation with the exception of the Hydra agents who tortured him, was a bit strange and made him feel uncomfortable... almost distant.

The Avengers didn't notice, or they simply wrote it off as Peter not ready to go back to school the next week.

School seemed like a strange concept to Peter, which might sound a bit extreme, but it was true. Being surrounded by his friends and laughing at a witty science pun felt like a lifetime ago. Something he couldn't even imagine anymore.

Peter clenched his fist and tugged on his school sweatshirt to keep his arms covered, and put on a fake smile. Lucky for him, Aunt Natasha was out of town for a SHIELD mission with Uncle Clint, because Peter knew that if she was here, she would have known something was off. Black Widow always knows when something is off.

So, Peter counted his lucky stars that the other Avengers were pretty oblivious and smiled and laughed, everything he used to do. Everything he felt that he would never be able to do again.

-=-

I am so scared for finals, not sure I'm gonna pass but we'll find out soon enough.

This was a prompt that I will finish hopefully next week, but maybe not because of finals and I want to pass Social Studies 10 Honours... Ahhhh, you'll definetly (and remind me of my word because I can be forgetful) have an update the Saturday/Sunday after January 23.