Conniving

Peter taps his pen on his leg as he watches MJ and Ned take the online quiz. "Ravenclaw. Knew it," MJ triumphantly smirked, a content glint in her eyes.

"I was in Ravenclaw too you know," Ned replied, staring at the ceiling. "We're all in an elite science school for a reason."

MJ snorted and mumbled something about that's not how it always works before continuing, "What about Peter then?"
Ned stared at Peter, who stopped tapping his pen as his two best friends eyed him. "Ravenclaw. Or Hufflepuff." Ned exclaimed.

"What, no, Gryffindor, he's literally an Avenger." MJ piped up.

"How about we test the theory then!" Ned grumbled as he made a new tab and shoved the quiz in front of Peter.

Peter, not wanting to settle this (or cause another) argument between his friends, chuckled nervously. He fibbed, "I'm not really into this kind of stuff." He was lying. Peter really wanted to know his Hogwarts house, but what he wanted more was for his friends to stop arguing. He couldn't take another back and forth between them, they were both members of the debate club for a reason.

The two glared at him and gestured to the electronic. "We don't care, do it." They both grunted in unison.

Now Peter was Spider-Man. A literal hero. He had fought aliens and monsters and some really rude guys, but nothing was more terrifying than his two best friends taking a break from their heated argument to yell at him.

Gulping, Peter took the computer and started choosing answers. The two looked over his shoulder and either hummed an agreement or confusion at Peter's answers. "Guys, can you knock it off? I'll end your stupid argument, but not if you two keep judging my choices!" Peter defended as the two watched him choose his familiar.

Ned and MJ agreed halfheartedly before leaning back and walking to the other side of Peter's room to grab the Oreos he had stashed away. He had a sweet tooth and after a night of patrolling he was often in need of a snack. So instead of there being a chance of waking up Aunt May, Peter often kept food in his room. May had enough to worry about-- her job, the apartment, Peter's life-threatening hobby-- that she didn't need the sleep deprivation too.

Peter submitted the answer for the final question and both Ned and MJ peered over his shoulder. "Slytherin? I did not see that coming." Ned mumbled as he handed Peter a couple of Oreos. "I can't see it, I mean they're so villanised in the films and novels and you're literally the opposite of a villain."

Peter scoffed, "Not all Slytherins are bad, it's all about perception." He paused for a moment before continuing, "But yeah I'm surprised too. Can't really see it."

MJ watched Peter and his reaction before piping up, "How's Flash treating you recently?"

Peter groaned and replied, "The usual, annoying and suffocating."

"And hows the plan going?"

Ned exclaims, "Wait, plan? What plan? I'm the guy in the chair, dude, how could you not tell me about the plan to dethrone your foil!"

"He's not my foil-" Peter twirled the pen around in his hand and munched on his cookie. "-and it just didn't seem important at the time."Important things like fighting criminals and training with Natasha and Bucky.

"Nevermind that, what's the plan?" Ned asked, basically vibrating with energy at the thought of getting back at Flash.

"We're not going to physically hurt him." Peter told him before continuing, "And I'm only doing this because he's started to pick on some other kids in the school." Peter wanted to get some things straight, he wasn't an asshole. He wasn't about to go around and hurt Flash just because Flash hurt him. No, he could handle some painful punches and crude name calling- it was nothing compared to what he faces daily as Spider-Man. But Peter drew the line when Flash started to pick on some other kids, especially the Freshmen. So he devised a plan.

"We're going to simply humiliate him a little, help the ones he bullied get some stuff back he stole- through a little blackmail, nothing too bad, just a video of him bullying this one defenceless kid, it would ruin his chances at scholarships, so he'll want to hand over the stolen items. Plus, as soon as he's given everything back and made a formal apology, I'll destroy the video." Peter stopped and grumbled to himself, "I feel really bad, but I can't get everyone's stuff back otherwise. If I break in there's a huge chance of getting caught, so Peter can't do it, and Spider-Man can't get any more bad publicity.

"Or if I confront him as Peter I'll get beat up. And if I was Spider-Man he'd be able to tell something was off by how I knew who he was and all this, which could lead him to find out my identity. So really, I'm backed into a corner and have no choice but to scare him a bit."

Ned and MJ stared at one another and started to chuckle. "What?" Peter asked.

"It's just that I can see the Slytherin in you," Mj hummed, "But it's cool. You're pretty badass. A hero with a heart of gold, but is also a bit conniving and sneaky. You're the best of both worlds, Parker."

Ned agreed, still revelling in his best friend's plan. It was sneaky and might be frowned upon, but it would work and not only would everyone get their things back, but Flash would get a taste of his own medicine. Peter really was the best of both worlds.

-=-

Early update bcs tomorrow I'm travelling all day tomorrow without internet!

Hope you enjoyed this!

My Hogwarts house is Ravenclaw, what about you?

-SecretsInMyHead