Night Out

Dedicated to Annathekitten

Peter hummed to himself as he braided Wanda's hair. Her hair was long and silky between his fingers, he was learning using Wanda as a means to learn how to braid in hopes of surprising MJ. Meanwhile, the resident Flerkin that came in with Captain Marvel, Goose, laid purring on Wanda's lap, while Shuri and Loki were engaging in a debate somewhere in the background.

It was supposed to be just an Avengers Teenage Sleepover, but then they all met Loki, a free spirit that no one gave the time of day, and invited him.

Loki accepted because the Midgardian teenagers request for a few reasons. The first reason was that they intrigued him, these children (who were not even two decades to his 1,070 human years) and had seen so much bloodshed, yet kept on smiling. They also all paid him attention and hadn't marginalised him like the other Avengers did, in fact, instead they went out of their way to invite him places.  At first, he had denied all of the invitations, but after a few weeks of getting to know them, he soon saw himself in the young Midgardian children and couldn't help but gravitate towards them.

Plus, he was an attention whore and the children were more than happy to give it to him. Loki did love receiving the attention of impressionable youth, maybe he'd be able to get them to play pranks and cause mischief around the tower...

Peter finished Wanda's braid and cried out in triumph at the lumpy and imperfect masterpiece. "Look! I did it, Wanda!" He beamed and fist pumped in the air. "Hopefully MJ will appreciate my skills!"

Loki was tempted to tell the young boy that the braiding was mediocre at best and that his lady love would not enjoy it- but stopped himself at seeing the young boy's joy. He could always charm Peter's hands later to make sure he can make the best damn braid out there. Without Peter's knowledge, of course, Loki couldn't afford to be seen as anything other than heartless.

Shuri was typing on a holographic keyboard in the air, causing Loki to watch curiously. Peter, Wanda, and Goose soon joined the two and peered into what Shuri was typing.

She was looking up what to do outside.

"Go-karting?" Shuri asked the group.

"No, I hate those tiny cars- how about skydiving." Wanda piped up.

Loki wrinkled his nose, "The sky and I don't quite get along." After a moment of deliberation, he continued, "how about we go clubbing?"

"Meow."

"I agree, Goose, we're underage, and that doesn't sound very intellectually stimulating." Shuri hummed to the fierce cat in her lap.

"How about a game of skill?" Peter chuckled as he started to google something on his phone.

The three others nodded in agreement and intrigue, and before they all knew it, they all were standing in front of a laser tag place.

"Meow."

"I agree with the young Flerkin, what the Hel are we doing here?" Loki eyed the noisy place with contempt.

Peter gestures wildly, "Come on, we can shoot each other with lasers-"

Loki peaked up, "Shooting each other with lasers? You should have said so earlier, come on, children," then he strutted sassily into the ominous building.

Wanda sniggered as she followed the god of mischief into the building. Shuri and Peter soon bounded inside after them with Goose on their tails. Somehow, (and definitely not through any illegal methods such as Loki's illusion magic) they had rented out a whole round for the four of them, this way they could all go all out.

All of them suited up in the ridiculously oversized vests and unrealistic guns, well all of them minus Goose, she was to be the referee.

As soon as Goose whacked the button to start the game with her tail, the game was afoot.

Wanda was using her telepathy to find out the locations of the other three and shoot them with the gun, while Loki used his duplication magic to shoot multiple people at a time, and even Peter was using his Spidey-senses to avoid getting hit/hit others.

Meanwhile, Shuri, although seemingly at a disadvantage due to not having any superpowers, was using her intellect and flexible and unorthodox methods to shoot her friends with the harmless laser gun.

Soon the round was over and everyone was taking deep breaths and laughing like crazy. Goose sauntered over and purred as she rubbed against Loki's leg in an attempt to gain attention. Loki mused with the cat, his spirit animal (or as Peter and Shuri would call it- his fursona because 'spirit animals are for cowards'), and picked up the shapeshifting alien. "You could have played the round with us if you had morphed into something else..." Loki informed the Flerkin.

Goose simply meowed, and soon the duo found themselves beside the three teenagers staring eagerly at the scoreboard.

Peter jumped from foot to foot as he awaited the results to be posted. He really hoped he had won against Shuri because if he didn't he would ever live it down- plus he bet three dollars on who would win. Those three dollars would buy him a drink at the school vending machine.

The results blinked onto the screen and everyone froze.

At the very top of the list- the name posted was Goose.

Loki hummed to the cat in his arms, "So I see you did, in fact, decide to play the game. Great vanishing skills, even I couldn't sense you."

Everyone stared at the cat in disbelief before breaking down in laughter, "I did not see that one coming!" Peter howled as he leaned on Shuri. "I guess we owe Goose three dollars each."

Wanda cracked a smile watching Peter and Shuri throw coins in Goose's direction, only for her to open her alien mouth and swallow them in one giant gulp.

Peter looked at his cracked phone and beamed at his friends, "I think it's time we go back to the tower and start the sleepover, Mr Stark and T'Challa are going to be worried about us if we don't get back soon."

Wanda and Shuri nodded in agreement, and soon the group was headed home to the tower.

It had been a fun day, an unexpected one, but a good one nonetheless. Loki grinned to himself as he watched the Midgardians walking in front of him, he could learn to love this realm. He really could.

-=-

Hope you enjoyed this!

Not sure if I will be able to write next week- I'll be in dress rehearsal and running tests for Hell Week in the theatre all next week, but I'll try :)

-SecretsInMyHead