Marked

Trigger Warning:

Some mention of torture and knives bcs this is a sad angsty one shot. Stay safe and healthy!

Peter had been missing for months, three months to be exact. Ned, Aunt May, Tony, they were all worried and constantly searching for him, out of their minds with worry. Tony knew that the kid could handle himself, but the thing was that he had found Peter's suit in the kid's backpack, which was in his locker. All of Peter's stuff was still in place, no bag was taken so he couldn't have run away, it was almost as if he had up and vanished. The Avengers all searched for their youngest member, but every lead ended up being a dead end upon a dead end.

After three torturous months, Peter showed up at the doorstep of the Avengers tower, his face streaked with tears, and his hands covered in dried blood. Mr Stark freaked out and brought the kid to the penthouse, and they talked over what had happened. Tony had hoped Peter had just needed time away from being Spider-Man. The truth was much worse.

He was kidnapped by what remained of Hydra and was tortured for information. The young hero held out and remained strong, and after three months, he was able to gain his strength and formulate a plan, no one was coming for him, it was up to him. Peter managed to escape and used his genius IQ to build a bomb to blow up the Hydra base. Least to say, he felt quite badass in the moment.

The backlash of it all was the scars, his fifteen-year-old body was littered with scars of every kind, not to mention the mental scars he had been subjected to. Peter hated looking at the scars, each time he saw them he could feel them, as if they were being etched into his skin again. As if he was back in the room, strapped to a chair, being tortured for information that he didn't have. And even if he did have it, he wouldn't have told. Snitches get stitches, and besides, he was too loyal to ever turn his back on his mentor and father-figure that was Tony Stark.

And so, here Peter stood, after taking a month to heal in the Avengers compound (which only allowed his healing to close the scars, not get rid of them entirely), he stood in gym class hating his Parker Luck.

He swore it was as if the world had it out for him, how else could he have this rotten of luck?

Out of all the activities in gym class that he could've possibly had, out of all the different sports, today, as his first day back, he had swimming as the gym activity.

"Dammit," he thought, he should have taken the note from May that excused him from gym class. But noooo- he had to say that he was all healed and didn't need to be babied.

Oh, how he wished he had asked to be babied.

Ned gave him a panicked look when the teacher told everyone to get changed, Ned knew about his scars. Ned knew how much he hated them.

In the end, Peter changed into swim shorts in a bathroom stall instead of being in the open changerooms, and also slipped on his gym shirt over top. "People swim with shirts all the time, I'm not being suspicious," he mumbled under his breath to himself.

When he got out of the stall, Flash spoke up, "Oh is wittle Parker in a shirt for swimming? What's the matter, Penis? Scared of something? Did you get tan on your four-month vacation, you slacker? You missed the majority of the debate meets, I wouldn't be surprised if you're kicked off the team..."

Peter tried to ignore him, but it stung a little that everyone thought he was on vacation when in reality he was in the deepest depths of hell. Not to mention, he really loved being a part of the debate team, and with MJ as the leader, he looked forward to the meets every week. Or at least he used to. Flash made a good point, he missed a good part of the season, he probably wasn't even on the team anymore.