Black Lives Matter

Things have gone to hell in this world recently, and I wanted to take a break from this week's prompt of Reincarnation to write about the protests because police brutality and racism is a pandemic, and staying silent would make me compliant. So here we go, Black Lives Matter!

Peter stood hand in hand with the other protesters, a sign slung over his shoulder and tears in his eyes. Peter had been going to these protests for days now, alternating between attending as Peter Parker and Spiderman.

As Peter he would take to the streets, walking with his friends and classmates, signs in hand, throat raw from screaming for justice, feet calloused from walking, and eyes stinging from tear gas. Revolution and change is not something that comes easy, and Peter knows that, so he takes to the street, he donates what he can, signs petitions, supports local POC businesses, and when he has time he educates himself and others. As Peter Parker, he hands out pamphlets at school and makes speeches about equality and the injustices in today's society stemming from society itself.

However, as Spiderman he was on the streets webbing the tear gas canisters so they can't deploy on the protestors, while also stopping looters and shit-starters. His idea was that if they weren't there for the cause and only there to cause chaos, such as looting places and burning down buildings, he was going to stop them. Of course, at this time he didn't hand them over to the police, no, instead he sat them down and gave them the same speech he uses as Peter Parker, about the cause and how we should be protesting and not spreading anarchy. Spiderman was there to stop those violent cops in their steps, and swing over the protesters to deliver water and food so they can continue on for more hours.

Today, however, Peter was there as Peter Parker, and he stood next to MJ and Ned. If anything was ever going to change, Peter knew he had to stand up and say something. He refused to be on the wrong side of history, so here he was, screaming his mind, yelling for justice, and fighting against the tyrant of their current President. Peter learned many things from his time as a superhero, and it was change and good things never come easy. He's lived a privileged life, and now it's his turn to stand up and help those who didn't get the same stepping stool in life.

So he continues to stand, continues to fight for those whose voices aren't heard, who can't afford to fight, who are too afraid. Because Peter knows the first step of being a true hero is to stand up for what's right- so that's exactly what he will do.