The Death and the Apology

I'd never wanted anything to happen to my sister, but I guess some things I can't control. The whole kingdom was gathered here today to pay their respects to my lost sister, to pay ther respects to the lost princess. Even some people from other kingdoms came. I look around at all the sullen faces here. Nobody knows what I've suffered through. It's difficult to explain it. I thought back to her death.

          She had been perfectly fine that evening, while we were eating dinner, then, as she walked up the steps towards her room, she screamed. She fell down on the steps and withered in pain. I ran towards her and called for a servant to get help. My sister screamed every time she moved, I was afraid to touch her.

          "Shhh... you're gonna be okay, Anna." I murmured quietly.

          She continued to cry out. I felt guilt swim inside of me like a fish does in a bowl. I looked at her and then immediately looked away. Her eyes were filled with pain.

          The servant came back minutes later with the doctor. The doctor carried my sister up to her room as her screams were probably heard throughout the kingdom. I waited in her room as the doctor tried everything he could. When he came towards me, he looked me straight in the eye.

          "I don't know what's wrong with her. Her body is reaching temperatures I didn't think possible. I've never seen any case like. It's no illness that the kingdom's ever seen, Your Majesty. I am afraid..." He paused to take a breath. "that there is little hope. You should cancel whatever you are going to be doing the next few days. Spending time with her is the most important thing." He sighed.

          "No, that can't be true! If her body is just heating up, I can help!" I yelled.

"No, you could cause internal damage she'd die for sure. I don't think you should touch her with your powers. I'm sorry." He apologized.

I rushed into my sister's room and kneeled on the floor next to her bed.

"You are going to be okay." I whispered, laying my head on her hand that was rested on the edge of the bed.

"Did he tell you what was wrong with me?" She asked quietly.

"He said he didn't know exactly what was wrong with you, but, uh, your body is exceeding normal temperatures..." I whimpered.

"It's okay, I will be fine." She comforted me, lying to herself.

For the next two days, she coughed and screamed. Her body temperature only increased. She was in so much pain and I couldn't help her. I looked deep inside myself so I could try and find something to help her without my powers, but all I saw was fear. On the third day, she called me into her room weakly. I walked out of my frozen room in a hurry.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"My chest hurts. I can't breathe very well." She choked out in her raspy voice.

I didn't know what to do.

"Kristoff!" I shouted as loud as I could.

I felt my heart race.

"I am going to call the doctor." I said urgently.

"No!" She argued.

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"Don't, please don't. I can't take this anymore." She said.

"Then what do I do?" I asked her.

"Say goodbye." She whispered.

"No, you can't do that to me!" I cried.

She grasped my cold hand in hers. I looked at her as my tears fell down my cheeks. She had tears trying to fall down her own cheeks, but she held them in.