The Letter

I am back in the ice palace, on the balcony with Anna and Hans. I watch Hans walk to me and wrap me in an embrace. I look at Anna, she has a disappointed expression on her face. She walks to us.

“Anna…” I begin, trying to comfort her.

“No Elsa. You need to choose.” She tells me. “It’s me, or the murderer.” She explains.

“Anna, you can’t ask me to choose.” I retort.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to.” Hans whispers, pulling me into another embrace.

At first it’s genuine, I think. Then I can hear him remove he dagger from his coat. I try to pull away.

“Hans.” I say.

“Don’t worry Elsa.” He whispers, pulling away from me.

I watch him walk towards Anna, clutching the dagger tighter. I start to dash to the two people I love most, but it’s too late. The dagger is already pierced into Anna’s chest, and I watch Hans take it in his hands. He tosses it over the balcony of the castle.

“Hans, what have you done?” I cry, kneeling next to Anna.

He stands there looking at me with an expression I don’t recognize. He begins to walk out. I let tears fall, down my cheeks and watch them hit the snow. Then, all I see is blackness.

I wake in the woods, my breathing heavy. I put a hand to me head, it is burning up. That’s not good. I look around, and eventually see a flame burning in the distance. It races towards me. I stand up on my feet and run. I run as fast as I can, but the flame is faster.

I run towards where a cliff starts. I stop, it’s a dead end. The fire is getting dangerously close. I lift my hands, trying to make any magic protect me, but it only melts as it leaves my hands. The fire encircles me. I feel my body burning, it makes everything hurt. I kneel in the snow weakly as the fire is so close, I can almost touch it.

Then it engulfs me.

I sit up rapidly, clutching my sheets. I let my breathing level before I take the liberty of looking around. It was just a dream… I hate the dreams I’ve been having lately, they scare me senseless. I’m in my room, in my bed. I feel a pain in my side, and in my throat. I lift up my chin, but shrivel in pain and put it back down. I gently put a hand to my side, it’s throbbing, but it doesn’t hurt nearly as bad as my throat. I lay back down and want to make the pain go away.

I hear someone come into my room, I look at the doorway. I hope its Hans, but it’s Anna.

“Hi Elsa…” she begins. “…are you okay?” she wonders

I nod, but it’s only once as it hurts to nod.

“Did Hans get Henrik?” I ask, my voice raspy.

“No, he’s still out there. He within the dome though.” She replies.

“We need to get him. He’s a danger.” I explain.

“You’re not doing anything.” Anna tells me. “Not with your wounds.” She says.

“Oh please.” I roll my eyes. “Anna, I was doing all sorts of stuff when my side was wounded.” I elucidate.

“I know, but you’ll heal faster if you stay here.” She illuminates, smiling kindly.

“Is Emma still here?” I query.

“Yeah, she’s still here.” Anna replies.

“How long have I been sleeping?” I enquire.