The Curse

Of course the next few days, we should have been celebrating and rejoicing, but once again, someone was able to make everything frantic and complicated. I try to relax the best I can, but no matter what I do, I can't. I sat in my study, staring at a painting of me at my coronation. I shake my head, rolling my eyes.

"What'd I ever do?" I whisper to no one in particular, sitting at my desk.

I hear a knock on the door as I lean my head down on the desk.

"Come in." I call to the person on the other side of the door.

I half expect it to be Anna, or even Rapunzel, but to my pleasant surprise, it is Emma.

"Hi, Emma." I greet, sitting up with a smile that I quickly put on my face.

"Hi, Elsa." She replies, walking towards me.

"Is everything all right?" I wonder, looking at her with curious eyes.

She nodded her head, causing her brown hair to curtain her face. She quickly brushed her bangs back behind her ears. She neared closer to me, looking at the contents upon my desk with curiosity. I smile amusingly.

"Why do all the bad things happen to you?" She asks me seriously.

I blink my eyes is surprise at the young girls realization.

"I'd like to know the same thing." I reply.

"So, they don't have a reason for doing all this to you?" She wonders, leaning her elbow on my desk.

"I suppose they're just evil." I say, giving a small, sad smile. "Come on, let's go find your mom." I quickly add, painting a happy smile on my face and gently patting her shoulder.

She follows behind me as we leave my study. We snake through the halls, turning to go into ballroom—as music could be heard. Emma pushes the door open, scurrying into the room. I walk in behind her. Anna is there with Alexander.

"Where's Kristin?" I ask, startling her as she turns with wide eyes.

She lets out a laugh, realizing it's only me. "Kristoff has her. He went out in the garden. I wanted to listen to music." Anna explains, wrapping her arms around Alexander instinctively.

"I see. Do you know where Rapunzel is?" I ask her, nodding at what she said.

"No, I haven't seen her since breakfast. Did you check the studio?" Anna answers. "You know how she loves to paint." Anna adds.

I nod in agreement.

"We'll check there." I tell her.

Emma and I walk out of the ballroom, closing the door behind us. We walk through the halls towards the studio. Sure enough, as I twist the doorknob and open the door, Rapunzel is swiftly holding a paintbrush, making the brush dance across the canvas.

"It's so beautiful, mother!" Emma compliments, skipping over to the canvas and her mother.

"Thank you, sweetie. Do you want to paint too?" Rapunzel asks, blowing a piece of hair from her eyes, as her hands were occupied with the paint.

"Can I?" Emma muses.

"Of course." Rapunzel says as if it's obvious. "Here." She adds, handing Emma a brush.

"Where are the canvases?" Emma wonders towards her mother.

Rapunzel just gives an amused laugh.

"Help me pain this one." Rapunzel smiles.

"But that's your picture. I don't want to ruin it." Emma replies innocently.

"Don't be silly, sweet heart. Paint anything you want." Rapunzel explains, planting a kiss on her daughters head.