Melting

The rest of the day, I spend my time brushing up on my powers, testing their limits. I am outside, away from everyone pretty much all day. Once the sun begins to set, I can hear Anna walk outside through the snow.

“Elsa, are you going to come and eat?” She wonders.

“Eventually.” I reply.

“You should come eat dinner with everyone.” She hints, wanting me to eat dinner with her and the others.

“Are we eating right now?” I question.

She nods and clasps her hands together in front of her.

“Okay, come on.” I sigh.

“So, what have you been doing out here all day?” Anna inquires as we walk back inside the castle.

“Practicing. I want to be ready for tomorrow.” I answer.

“I wish we didn’t have to go to war.” She mutters.

“Anna, we spoken about this before.” I explain.

“No, I know, it’s just, it doesn’t seem right.” She corrects herself.

I sigh and I knows she is right. It bothers me that I’m doing this. It makes me feel like the bad guy. I don’t want to be the enemy. I want to be the caring sister that Anna can trust with anything.

We eat dinner, then go back to the library to discuss last minute things.

“Rapunzel, you and Anna don’t have to worry about a thing. We’ll take care of business and you can watch Emma, Kristin and Alexander.” Eugene tells Rapunzel and Anna.

“Wake me up before you leave.” Rapunzel requests.

Eugene nods in agreement. Then, we all go to bed, wanting to be as well rested as possible.

I lay in bed, Hans is already sleeping. He had gone up while ago. I pull the blankets over me and take a deep breath. I find sleep fairly quickly.

“Elsa… come on, we have to go.” I hear Hans as he gently wakes me up.

I sit up and stretch my arms. I get out of bed take a deep breath.

“Are you nervous?” Hans asks me.

“Yes I am.” I admit.

“Don’t worry, everything will be fine.” He assures me, pulling me into a gently hug. “I promise.” He adds.

After a few minutes he leaves the room to speak with Kristoff and Eugene. I take out a dress from a wardrobe. I never thought I would ever actually use the dress for its intended purpose. It’s a dark blue dress that covers my arms. It flows to just at my ankles. The shoulders have golden plates on them will Arendelle’s symbol. I put my hair into a French braid and tie it off with a dark blue ribbon. I walk out of my room.

I immediately go into the library. Hans, Eugene, Rapunzel, and Anna are there.

“Where’s Kristoff?” I ask Anna.

“Talking to the soldiers. He’ll be back in a few minutes.” Anna explains.

“Are we ready?” Eugene asks us.

I nod and Hans raises his sword in agreement. We hear Kristoff walk into the room.

“The soldiers are ready.” He tells us.

“Eugene, please be careful.” I hear Rapunzel whisper, embracing Eugene.

“I’m always careful. Besides, what can they do to a lifelong criminal?” He asks her, earning a laugh from Rapunzel.