Condemning Them

I wake up and find my bed sheets frozen, cold and completely icy. I look around my room and find icicles hanging from my bedroom ceiling. I stand up and rush to my mirror, I look awful. My eyes clearly give away that I'm tired, my pale skin is paler than usual. It looks more like my hair. I hear a knock on my door and I turn around frantically.

"Yes?" I ask, taking in deep breaths.

"Your Highness, are you alright?" I hear the person on the other side of my door ask.

I crack the door open slightly, it's Kristoff. I open the door further and let him in.

"Kristoff, what do I do?" I ask him as tears try to fall from my eyes.

"I don't know, I kind of wanted to talk to you about the same thing." He whispers.

"I can't help you, I've got more than one problem right now. I mean, what am I supposed to do about Hans?" I whimper.

"Hans... Right, he came about Anna." Kristoff sighs.

 "Kristoff, I don't know what to do." I whimpered.

"Me neither." He sighs. "I guess the only thing we can do is mourn for now..."

He sighs and then flips his hair. Then he turns at his heel and leaves my room. I go to grab his arm, right above his elbow, but he is gone before I can do so.

I stare at where he had been and then back away. I shake my head, then I walk to Hans' room. I don't bother knocking this time, I open the door and look at him. He is staring out the window with a concentrated expression.

"Hans." I say.

"What a surprise." He greeted.

"I need to talk to you." I began.

I don't know if I believe him or not. I am not sure if I want to believe him. Rapunzel's words run through my mind, people change. I don't want to believe it, I look at him again.

"Hans, turn around and look at me." I order sternly.

He doesn't speak, but, he does turn. I stare at him with no emotion in my eyes. I finally let myself look away, but, I immediately look back.

"Hans, please don't lie. Did you really come for Anna?" I ask him quietly.

"Not entirely, that was just one reason." He replies.

"What is the other reason?" I ask him.

"I can't tell you." He retorts.

"Why?" I glare.

"Because, you aren't allowed to know." He explains.

"When am I allowed to know then?" I ask him loudly.

"When you trust me." He whispers.

I look down and then walk out of the room. When I look at the guard, he is looking forward. He is unmoving.

"Don't let him leave. If he tries to go anywhere, alert me immediately." I order the guard.

"Yes Your Majesty." He replies, saluting me and then returning to his stiff posture.

I storm to my room. I'm so angry, and I don't even know why. I long for Anna, to see her happy face and hear her singing again. I lock the door and go to the balcony. I look out at the kingdom. Kids prance around like little fawns in meadows. The adults are tiredly watching them. I almost laugh, but, I remember why I can't. Instead I scream as loud as I can and bang my fists on the balcony fence.

A cloud of freezing snow surrounds my hands and rises up in the air, getting bigger. It doesn't bother me at first. Then, it turns into a huge snow cloud, overseeing the kingdom. Small snow droplets being to float down to the ground. I use the technique I used last time I froze Arendelle. Love. I try to create an aura around me, but, the snow stays. In fact, the snow only gets heavier. Then the wind starts. My heart races, why can't I stop it this time? I ask myself. I back up and make the door to the balcony slam closed with wind. I sit on my bed and rock back and forth, no, no, no, no, no. This can't happen!

I hear knocks on my door, yet, I ignore them.

"Queen Elsa?" I hear.

I start crying, my tears begin to fall and freeze as they hit the cloth. I don't want this to happen, and now I can't stop it. I don't love anyone anymore, there is no one for me to love. Anna is gone, Anna is dead. I hear a pair of fists pounding on my door. I then here Rapunzel's voice.

"Elsa, let me in! Please!" She pleads as she stops pounding her fists.

I finally decide to let her in, no one else, just her.

"Elsa, what's going on?" She asks me.

"I don't know... I can't stop it!" I exclaim as more tears fall, freeze, and crack on the floor.

"What did you do last time?" She questions.

"I used love to thaw the snow." I reply.

"Then do that again!" She tells me.

"I can't! Anna is dead!" I whimper.

"You have to do something about it Elsa." She whispers, her hands are wrapped around herself as she shivers. "You have to love someone." She says frantically. You can now hear the snow blowing outside.

"Go, please just go so I can figure this out." I order her with tears.

She shakes her head in disappointment. Then she leaves and shoos everyone away.

"There is no way I can fix this." I say to myself.

I look out the balcony window and stare at the snow that is already beginning to pile up. Anna isn't here to save Arendelle now, and I have condemned my kingdom to death. All I can do is watch as my kingdom freezes to death. I sit on my bed as the temperature drops in my room. A thin layer of ice begins to cake the floor. It creeps up my walls like a snake slithers through the water. After a few minutes, I watch it come together on the ceiling and create an icicle that grows bigger as it nears the floor.

"No..." I whisper.

It touches the ice on my floor, I stand up and clench my hands to my stomach. I can't do anything else to condemn them. I can't... Then, the ice on my floor cracks and sends an icicle up from the ground, just as large as the other one. No, no, no, no, please... I plead quietly. Soon, I am surrounded by a large, indestructible wall of ice. I try to melt it, I do everything I can, but nothing works. I fall to my knees. The snow blows open my balcony doors and I watch as the storm finds its way into my room. Conceal don't feel... Don't let it show... I think over and over in my head. I rerun these words in my head dozens of times. One time after another, but all it does it bring back horrid memories from my past.

"Anna... If only you were here..." I whisper.

My tears hit the ice caked ground as small ice pieces over and over again. I am going to kill my kingdom, I am going to murder the innocent lives of my people. My memory flashes back to Anna's body. It makes me shudder. I miss her, more than anything. I try my hardest to melt the wall, but I can't. I sit on the floor and hug my knees to my chest. I lean my head up against the wall and sit there. I finally lay on the floor on fall asleep.