Could This Be... Love?

He leaves the sleigh by the gates as we get out. I weakly walk up to the gates.

“Let us in!” I shout.

“It’s the queen!” I heard them exclaim.

They open the gates and close them right behind us. We are greeted by a guard.

“Were is Anna?” I ask him.

“Your highness, everyone is locked in the dungeon.” He whispers.

“Then we have no time to lose.” I mutter.

We hurry to the dungeon, Hans helping me along if I need it. When we reach the dungeons, I search for the keys, they aren’t were they normally are.

I find a guard, but he isn’t one of my guards.

“Ah, the Duke’s been expecting you.” He says, taking my arm.

“Let go of me!” I order.

“I don’t take orders from you.” He retorts.

“Yes you do, I am your queen.” I hiss.

“You are not my queen.” He mutters before pulling me towards the steps.

I lift my hand and watch as ice slips onto the floor, the guard slips before dropping me. I land with a groan. Hans takes his sword out and aims at the guard.

“Where are the keys?” He asks.

“You should just kill me, I’ll never reveal the location.” The guards replies.

“Don’t think I won’t…” Hans warns.

“Do it then.”

Hans brings his sword to the guard’s arm, leaving a nasty gash.

“Let me repeat myself, where are the keys?” Hans repeats as the guard shrieks in pain.

The guard doesn’t reply. Hans stabs his hand, the guard screams.

“Where are the keys?” Hans asks again.

“I’ll never tell you anything.” The guard whimpers.

“Where should I stab him next?” Hans mutters, rolling his eyes.

“Hans…” I whisper.

I push in front of Hans gently, then I kneel next to the guard.

“I don’t know why you won’t just tell us where the keys are, haven’t you seen the damage I can do?” I ask him.

“Get away from me.”

“Look, we just want to know where the keys are. If you tell us that information, we will leave and you are free to go.” I explain. “Don’t you think that is better than having Hans stab you somewhere else?” I add.

“The Duke.” He says quietly.

“What?” I ask.

“The Duke has the keys.” I hear him repeat.

“Well, we come on.” I say.

I walk through the hall with Hans and one of my guards. We rush and look at all the cells. Most of them are empty, except for a few at the end of the hall. All the servants and staff are locked up in two cells, then in the cell at the very end Kristoff is locked up.

“Elsa!” Kristoff exclaims.

“Hey Kristoff.” I greet.

“How do you plan on getting through the gate without a key?” Hans asks.