Emma

The next morning, I left my room early and went towards the dungeons. I stood in front of Henrik’s cell as he sat on the floor, his back against the wall furthest from me. I clear my throat before I begin.

“Henrik…” I begin.

“Excuse me your majesty, but I’m not in the mood to speak with her royal highness.” He mutters.

“Perhaps you should listen anyway. You might be interested in what I have to speak to you about.” I retort, glaring at him. “Does the name, Hanna, mean anything to you?” I ask him.

“Sure, that’s the name of my annoying, smart mouth, little sister.” He rolls his eyes.

“Are you aware of what happened to her?” I wonder, crossing my arms over my chest.

“A fire.” Henrik replies, sitting up straight.

“How did the fire start?” I inquire.

Henrik rolls his eyes and sighs.

“What does her death have to do with anything? She died in a fire, the cause is unknown. That’s it, there’s nothing else to it.” He mutters, looking away from me.

“Did you know Fredrik died yesterday?” I ask Hans’ brother.

“What?” Henrik exclaims, standing and coming towards the cell door.

“Do I have your attention now?” I hiss, glaring at Fredrik as his hands are wrapped around the bars. “If you have information that could be of use to me, I suggest you say it.” I warn.

“Who did it?” He growls from inside the cell.

“Did what?” I ask in return, pretending I have no idea what he was talking about.

“Don’t play dumb with me Elsa. Who killed my brother?” Henrik demands.

I step towards the cell with a smirk planted on my face.

“I don’t know. Maybe you shouldn’t have messed with us. We will fight back.” I explain harshly.

I feel a hand grab my arm and try to pull me into the cell bars. I pull my hand away rapidly and shoot ice from my hand in attempt to halt Henrik. When his hand releases my arm, I pull my sleeve down and cross my arms over my chest.

“Your brother was easy to dispose of Henrik. You will be just as easy. If you have nothing that could be of use to me, I suggest you treasure your last few days on this cruel earth.” I condemn, letting my eyes only give off a glare.

I walk up the steps of the dungeons and close the dungeon door. I walk into someone. I half expect it to be Hans, but it isn’t. It’s Kristoff.

“Kristoff, can I, um, talk to you?” I ask him awkwardly.

He nods and I begin to walk towards a long hallway. He follows next to me.

“I don’t know what to do. No matter what I do, I can never do it right. When I gain relationship with Hans, I loose relationship with Anna. It’s like, when I make Hans happy, I lose my sister more and more.” I whisper sadly.

“I’ve noticed how Anna has a certain grudge on you that wasn’t there before Hans arrived.” Kristoff agrees.

“I can’t have both of them…” I whimper.

“Elsa, you have to understand where she’s coming from. Hans left her to die. I mean, he locked her in a room and left her to freeze to death. He tried to kill you, and she risked her life to save you. It’s almost as if you’re repaying her by falling in love with her worst enemy.” Kristoff explains.