The Argument

“Elsa! What is he doing here?” She asks me, shouting.

I put a hand to my temple. “Anna, I’ll talk to you about it later.” I say.

“No, why is he here? The one who tried to kill me, and kill you?” Anna questions, with anger boiling.

“Anna, I’ll talk to you about it later.” I repeat sternly.

Kristoff puts an arm around Anna to calm her down. She shakes her head and then looks to Kristoff.

“Hans, as for you, please go back to your chamber.” I order.

“Elsa, I request an audience with you and Anna.” He says.

“No!” Anna shouts.

I put my hand up to tell her to not interrupt.

“Fine. We will discuss everything over dinner.” I tell him.

Anna scoff and looks at me.

I retreat from the situation, Anna following me. I want to tell her to stop following me, but I don’t dare. I did just get her back after all. Instead I just walk into my room and she goes into hers. I change into a light blue dress decorated with sequins. I slip my hair into a braid down my shoulder before going to the dining room.

I sit down. Anna is there, but Kristoff and Hans aren’t. I look at my sister, hoping she won’t bring up the subject on Hans.

“Elsa, what in the world is he doing here?” Anna asks me.

I sigh and put my hands in my lap. “He showed up when he heard you were dead. He wanted to apologize.” I explain.

“So you let him stay in the castle?” Anna exclaims.

“Anna, I had just watched you die the night before. I was in no state to discuss things with him!” I shout.

I can’t believe you would even think about letting stay in Arendelle at all!” Anna says.

“Anna, please try to understand my point of view.” I mutter.

“Your point of view? Try understanding my point of view. He tried to kill me Elsa. He left me to die and tried to murder you.” Anna reminds me.

I look down, remembering when I looked up to find Hans on the ice with his sword at his side and Anna from behind me.

“That wasn’t him Anna. I did that to you…” I whisper.

“He could have done something to help, but no, he let me lay on the floor like road kill.” Anna hisses, standing up and walking to my chair.

“Anna, it wasn’t his fault you were like that. If you had just stayed away from me in the first place, nothing would have happened.” I retort, standing up too as I faced my sister.

“So you would have rather lived in the mountains alone while everyone else froze to death?” Anna mutters.

“Of course not Anna. I didn’t want to hurt anyone. Maybe if you had left me alone at the coronation, I never would have had to go into hiding. The storm would have never happened and no one would have gotten hurt.” I reply.

“You would have! Hans wanted to kill you! He would have murdered you.” Anna cries.

“So you care all of a sudden?” I exclaim.

“Of course I care! You’re my sister, but you don’t listen to anything!” She replies.

“I do listen.” I argue.