Her

I happily let the next week or two pass by without any interruptions. I finally get Hans and Anna to somewhat get along, but I have a deep feeling Anna is only trying for me. I appreciate it, but it’d be nice if she would do it just so we could put what he did behind us. I walk out of my room and run into my sister, who is rushing to the babies’ room.

“You slept in late.” She says, brushing her hands on the front of her dress.

“Oh, I wasn’t sleeping, I was thinking.” I correct her.

“What were you thinking about?” She asks.

I bite my bottom lip.

“I was wondering whether or not I am suitable to keep Arendelle safe.” I whisper.

Anna gave me a disappointed look. She put her hands on my shoulder comfortingly.

“Elsa, don’t beat yourself up about something stupid like that!” She scolds. “You’re the best queen this kingdom has ever seen.” Anna adds with a smile.

“Don’t say that. We both know mother was a better queen than me.” I mutter, looking at the floor.

“Mother didn’t save the kingdom from a sorcerer.” Anna points out.

“Mother didn’t freeze the kingdom and give the sorcerer his power!” I retort, walking past her.

“Elsa.” I hear her whisper, barely audible.

I bite my bottom lip again, not wanting to apologize. I feel guilty, just like I always do when I yell at her like that. I can’t blame her for anything though. It was my fault that I froze her head. It was my fault that I wasn’t careful with my powers.

I shake away the thought, knowing I had put all of that behind me years ago. I turn back to her, she’s still staring at me from where I left her. I exhale heavily.

“I’m sorry Anna.” I admit.

“For what?” She asks.

“I snap at you all the time. Before you went through the power transformation… this was so much easier. We never fought with each other.” I whisper.

“It’s no different, Elsa.” Anna says. “We just have noticed a few more… differences now, that’s all.” Anna assures. She inhales and clears her throat. “I have to go get Kristin and Alexander from their nap.” She explains.

I nod and watch her walk into her son and daughter’s room. I follow her, realizing I haven’t been much of an aunt lately, or much of a sister. Anna looks at me curiously and then smile, holding Alexander in her arms. I take Kristin from her crib as her beautiful eyes look up at me. She gives a babyish giggle and laugh.

“Hi baby Kristin!” I smile.

She coos and reaches her hands up to me.

“You’re good with her you know.” Anna says.

“What makes you say that?” I wonder, looking up at Anna as Kristin has her hand wrapped around my index finger.

“Kristin won’t let anyone pick her up like that.” Anna laughs.

“Really?” I exclaim with shock.

“Really.” Anna assures.

We walk downstairs, out of the babies’ room. We go into the library, where Eugene and Hans are talking.

“Where’s Kristoff?” Anna asks.

“Right here.” We turn around to face Kristoff.

“Where were you?” Anna laughs as Kristoff plants a kiss on the top of her head.