Tension

I find myself staring out at the snow covered forest for another twenty minutes, smiling the whole time. When I finally move, I go into my room and close the French doors. I close my bedroom doors and sit on my bed. I don't know what to think about it. I am sure I love Hans, but I thought I'd never love anyone. That I couldn't love anyone. I don't want to hurt Hans. I feel funny. Just last year, Hans tried to kill me. Now, I think I am in love with him.

I change into a soft night gown and slip under the covers. I find sleep rather quickly, but I wish I hadn't.

I find myself in my ice palace. I am in my bedroom, on the balcony. Hans stand in front of me.

"Hans? Are you okay?" I ask him.

He walks towards me and we embrace. I smile.

"Long live Queen Elsa." He says.

I look him in the eyes as a knife stabs me. I watch Anna walk on the balcony. I hope that she'll help me, but she doesn't.

"I told you he'd hurt you." She whispers.

I stare at Hans, sadness and disbelief filling my eyes and heart as everything goes black and a light engulfs me...

I scream thrash my arms around. I sit up and clutch my pillow. It was just a dream... I sigh and breathe heavily with fear. I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in." I tell them.

"Are you okay Elsa?" I hear Hans ask as he walks through the darkness towards me.

"I'm fine. It was just a bad dream." I sigh, sitting up again.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asks me.

"No, I'm okay." I inhale as I shake my head.

"Okay. Good night." He tells me.

He leans over and kisses the top of my head before walking out of my room, closing the door behind him.

"Good night." I whisper, even though he can't hear me.

I fall back down on the bed and lay on my side. I stare outside through a window. The snow falls gently outside and rests on the trees. I sigh into my pillow and fall back asleep.

I wake up in the morning in the same position as when I fell asleep after my bad dream. I sit up and got out of bed. I change into a purple dress and walk out of my room. I go to the very top floor and climb out a window to sit on the roof. I stare down the North Mountain. I can see Arendelle from here. It makes a tear slide down my cheek.

I jump at the touch of someone touching my shoulder. I hope its Hans, but it isn't. It's Anna.

"Hey Elsa." She greets. "Are you okay?" She asks.

"Anna... I need to tell you something." I whisper.

"Anything..." She murmurs.

"I think... I think that I'm in love with him." I tell her.

"With who?" She wonders.

"Hans." I explain.

"What?" She exclaims. "Elsa!" She shouts.

"Anna, look, I don't know why. You can't change my mind. My mind is set." I reply.

"Why him Elsa? He has tried to kill both of us!" She shouts at me sternly.

"Anna, stop it! I can't help it!" I cry.

"Elsa, this is ridiculous." She mutters.

"Enough Anna!" I demand.