The Surprises

Anna looks at me quickly before clearing her throat.

"Elsa, can, I, um, speak with you?" She asks me tautly.

I nod curiously.

"One moment." I explain, taking Emma's hand.

I walk out of the room, leading Emma out.

"Do you like books?" I ask her.

I watch her eyes widen with excitement.

"Books were everything to me before my parents left." She replies happily.

"Good, I'm going to take you to the castle's library." I smile kindly towards the young girl.

She follows me to the library and is awe struck by all the books. I leave her alone and go back into the room with Anna and Kristoff.

"Anna, is everything all right?" I inquire anxiously.

She stands up from the couch. Kristoff has his arm around Anna's waist, and Anna's hands are clasped.

"Yes, everything's great actually." Anna replies, letting a weight leave my shoulder. "I, well we, wanted to tell you something." Anna includes.

"What is it?" I urge her to go on.

"Elsa..." Anna whispers, taking a deep breath. "...you're going to be an Aunt." Anna murmurs, an ample grin placed on her freckled face.

My heart beats races as a broad smile spreads across my face too. I walk to her and take her in my arms. I wrap her in a hug and let a tear of joy fall.

"Congratulations Anna." I tell my little sister.

"Thank you Elsa." She replies, pulling out of the hug.

"I'm happy for you two." I tell Anna and Kristoff.

I think about Anna's daughter or son. I have a secret hope that she'll have a girl. I just hope Anna's fire powers don't get passed on... I think back to Emma, I left her in the library. She is probably intrigued with the books. My mind flashes to the Thirteen Kingdoms.

"If you'll excuse me... I need to, um, I need to go speak with Hans." I excuse myself.

I begin to open the door.

"Even when she becomes an aunt, all she cares about is Hans..." I hear Anna mutter sadly, although I don't think I am meant to hear.

I walk out of the room, pretending I hadn't heard it. My heart is split two separate ways right now, one way with Anna and the other way with Hans. I wish they would just get along. I go into the sitting room, go to the table, and I pick up the book in my fingertips. I stare at the cover for a long time.

"Elsa? Are you okay?" I jump at the sound of the intruder's voice.

I turn and find its Emma. I walk towards her, the book in hand.

"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you." I reply sweetly.

"What's the book about?" Emma interrogates me.

I look down at the book, then at Emma. I kneel down so I'm eye level to her.

"It's about a greedy king." I explain.

"That's it?" Emma questions.

"Well, there's more, but, it's not pleasant." I reply quietly with a small smirk on my lips.

"Can I see it?" She asks innocently.

"Well, it's very, special to someone very important to me. I was going to give it to him." I illuminate.