2

Sadie's P.O.V.

I woke up in a light room lit up with a single light bulb hanging from the ceiling. The walls were painted white, and a yellow door was close to me.

My head throbbed horribly. I sat up and looked at my feet. I was literally shackled to the floor!

I leaned against the wall, staring at the ceiling as tears streamed down my face.

——————-——

Melissa's P.O.V.

I walked through two doors into a huge auditorium, a stage with a ton of instruments was at the back. I went to the front and sat down in the pit. People were piling in behind me. I stared at all the drums, keyboard, and strange looking instruments which I didn't have an name for.

A few minutes passed. The stage went dark and opened with a single spotlight on a tall, young, man with curly dark brown hair drumming on a snare drum. Another spotlight shown on the main drum player with curly blond hair and a top hat. Another spotlight shown on a young man hitting a bass drum with a white shield on it with a roman numeral four, a crown, an & sign, and a picture of Australia.

The two men on the snare drum and bass drum started singing a song that was called 'Fix My Eyes'. It was pretty cool, I must admit. Tears came to my eyes at how excited Sadie was that they were coming to town. She told me their names once, something like Joe and Luke? She talked about them, their wives, one of their children, and a bunch of other random stuff. All she ever wanted for Christmas was their merchandise, so I visited their website a couple of times but never took the time to browse. They continued to play more music, Run Wild, Busted Heart, The Proof Of Your Love, Light it up, joy., To The Dreamers, Fine Fine Life, Crave, Without You, Burn The Ships, and God Only Knows. When they played the song It's Not Over Yet, they both went out into the audience and ran up and down the steps. Singing, waving their hands, shaking hands, and taking selfies with young girls.

They went back to the stage, the shorter one introducing himself, with an Australian accent, as Joel and the taller one as Luke, his little brother. Joel talked about what they called 'The Priceless Movement' which was "Girls, don't let any man disrespect you, or make you feel like you are worth a certain price."

What if that was happening to Sadie?

I stopped looking up towards his face and his bracelet on his wrist and stared at the floor, biting my lip, and trying to hold back tears. I didn't hear what else he said.

"We had a bunch of one cent Australian coins sent over and had them made into bracelets and necklaces that say 'Respect and Honor'. Thousands of men, women, boys, and girls have gotten them, and you can too, we have some in the back that you get after the show. I'm going to give this to you tonight...

His voice was getting closer and I looked up as he removed the bracelet from his wrist and handed it to me. I reached out my hand as he pressed it into my palm.

"Thank you," I mouthed, and gave him a smile that didn't reach my eyes.

He nodded and smiled back. Before walking back to the center of the stage.

The music started, and I studied the bracelet, before turning my attention back to the music.

Mirror, mirror, mirror on the wall
Telling those lies, pointing out your pros, that isn't who you are
That isn't who you are

The song was called Priceless, and by the end, I was crying all over again.

Had Sadie heard this song? Would she need to be reminded she is priceless right now? Would she remember this song?

When the song ended, the whole band started to walk out as all the lights came on. The tall man whose name was Luke turned and smiled at me. I just stared.

As I climbed the steps, I got a crazy idea to try and go backstage to see them. It was dumb. But I exited the building and walked through the parking lot on my way back there.

When I got there, I went to walk forward through a door before I was stopped by an older woman with black hair stopped me.

"Miss, you can't come back here." She said stepping in my path.

"But-but..." My eyes filled with tears.

Joel's P.O.V.

"Almost twisted my ankle coming down the steps during It's Not Over Yet." I remarked. Luke grinned as he gulped down a water bottle.

"Good show!" Steven said.

I nodded and went to step outside. The cool air felt good after an hour of jumping, running, singing, and hitting. I walked around the building, steering clear of the main entrance where people were leaving otherwise I would never get back to the bus until next week!

I walked towards one of the exits and heard talking. Curious, I walked towards it.

One of the volunteers and a girl were talking. The girl was trying to get in and was almost crying. I recognized her as the girl I had given the bracelet earlier. I stepped towards them to interfere.

*******

This is wayyyy later than I planned on updating this one again! Hopefully updates can get more frequent to all my books!

~ Icy Lynx