20(FINAL)

Two days after rescue.

Sadie

"If you need anything, we are only a phone call away, alright." Luke murmured as he hugged me.

"Alright," I agreed into his good shoulder. He let go of me and looked me dead in the eyes.

"I told you we'd be okay. You're a fighter. A priceless fighter and you are going to heal up after this. All of you girls will be whole." I nodded, fighting back tears.

"I love you, text me whenever you need." He said as he stepped back.

Joel replaced his brother and clapped his hands on my frail shoulders.

"It was great to meet you, Sadie. I wish it was under far better circumstances then in a cellar on a mountain. But God works in mysterious ways."

I smiled.

"Same goes for me as for Luke. Text whenever you need anything, no one should have to go through what you did and what you are going through. We are here for you, dear." I nodded once again.

"I love you, never forget who's image you are made in, that makes you incomparably priceless."

"Okay...." I said, barely above a whisper.

He gave me a hug. The rest of their team already said their goodbyes.

And then they were gone. 

And I was home.

I dragged my feet slowly inside and pulled off my coat and boots before I trooped to my room and laid on my bed. My eyes landed on an Exact-O knife on a chair in the corner.

As of yesterday, it made everything better. I paused, half waiting for a God moment when Joel or Luke would suddenly run into my room and give me a hug and tell me how much more I'm worth that a piece of steel. Nothing happened.

I left my bed to retrieve my new lifeline

*******

So we are done.

So the sequel is coming soon and this book would've been done sooner and the first chapter of that one would've been here earlier too but I could not think of a name. Like I've got five swimming in my head that sound really good (all song titles) but there has got to be something that never meshes with my picky self. Idk, put in the comments any suggestions about how u know the sequel will end up being...

This is the first book I've finished and I've learned a lot about my writing since the first chapter so this book sucks. Hopefully other stuff I put out will be better. I have a tobyMac, Danny Gokey, Anthem lights, and something else which I can't remember since it is midnight. But... toodles.