10

Suzie's P.O.V.

Sadie and Luke finished whispering together but I didn't really care what they talked about. I just hurt. I just regretted forgetting my purse which got me in this mess in the first place. I regretted resisting Aaron since it got all three of us hurt. I felt sick by how filthy and regretful I felt. I just wanted to throw up.

They stopped whispering and Sadie scampered back to her spot as the front door slammed shut and we could hear multiple footsteps coming towards us.

Four men stood in front of us. Rain was pouring into the ground.

"Why the **** did you bring him along?" A stocky man scowled, looking at Luke.

"I'll get in trouble if I kill him, duh. We'll get rid of him tomorrow."

Three climbed in with us and one grabbed my arm, yanking me towards the muddy ground outside. I fell on the squishy ground and stood up, waiting for them to take me somewhere, I assumed inside the big cabin in front of the van that I noticed. One of them grabbed Sadie, then another drug Luke out by his arms. Sadie gritted her teeth, watched him wince and limp towards the cabin. I kept my face in a frown. Aaron was mad, and if they noticed how much we were worrying about each other would definitely result in Aaron carrying out further punishment for all of us. We were brought into the cabin where Aaron and three of the men left, wandering into another room leaving the youngest of them. He seemed nervous, short with brown hair, he kept stealing nervous, watchful glances at Luke who was the tallest of all of the men there.

He led us down to a room with a twin size bed, all made up, a dresser, and a bathroom led off to right of the bed.

Sadie and I stumbled into it, looking around like curious cats. The short man took hold of luke's collar. "Don't hurt them. Watch yourself." He said threateningly, gaining courage to speak to him.

"I wouldn't touch them like you." Luke said calmly.

"Sure, sure, Aussie."

He walked out and slammed the door.

Sadie laid down on the bed and Luke limped to the bathroom to clean the cuts on his face.

I sat down on the floor and tried to sleep.

*******

Derick's P.O.V.

"Aaron Wheeler? It's the police, open this door."

This was satisfying, we were so close to going back to normal lives. Joel would get Luke back, Sadie would be back to Melissa and me, Joel and Luke would leave and we'd go back to normal. I could propose to Melissa, like I had been planning on doing for days.

There was no answer. The officer asked a few more times before they opened by force. We flooded the house, searching every nook and cranny. Nothing. The house wasn't necessarily messy but it wasn't the tidiest.

"Look down here." Ben said, gesturing to two heavy metal doors at the end of a staircase.

Joel, Melissa, Ben, an officer, and I crept down the stairs towards the doors. They were locked, but an officer got them open by force.

The hallway had five doors. One furnishing a bathroom, one a closet, one a tidy little bedroom, and two rooms. One was cold, a rusty chair in the corner and a dusty rug. The other room was the most interesting, a pale yellow door that reaked of puke and sweat. Chains that had been cut were lying on the floor. The walls were white with smudges of grime and blood. Metal rings were welded to the floor. The concretes walls fashioned many cracks that looked like a spider web.

"Is there any other room?!" Joel asked frantically.

"We've been top to bottom, Mr. Smallbone." The officers said, rubbing his forehead.

Joel groaned and started pacing the room. Melissa was crying silently, taking in the sights of the room, I just looked around, too exhausted to function well. Ben just pulled out his phone to update Courtney and his wife.

"What's this?" Joel's broken voice broke the silence. We looked at him. He was holding a silver gum wrapper that glittered in the now moonlight coming from the dirty window.

"It was folded in the cracks," he said. Melissa, the officer, and I walked over, he read it out loud.

Gone b will hur t, hurry
G to abuse s, alive hurt
By H20 ???
Aaron
Prob Van, no car, ???guys with house the
L, S, suz

He read. "It's Luke's handwriting put really sloppy." He added sadly.

"What does it mean?" Melissa asked.

Joel started out of the room and up the stairs, mouthing the words to himself. We sat down at the table.

"It's cryptic," he said, "backwards sort of, and not proper grammar."

"There's only so much you can write on a gum wrapper." I muttered.

"Yeah," he stated, "the house with guys, question mark, question mark, question mark." He read. "No car, prob van. Alive, hurt. S abuse to g." He stopped. "Girls probably, too hurt will be gone. Hurry. H20... So water question mark question mark question mark, Aaron," He dropped the wrapper to the table and started crying.

"We'll start looking for a van then." The officer stated. "By 'other guys' must mean they're going to meet others."

"By water," Melissa added. He nodded.

"A girl named Suzie Lancaster disappeared about 25 hours ago from the next town over. Must be what it means by Suz." He added.

We talked a little more before heading out of the sick house to the fresh air outside.

"Look," Melissa exclaimed, "a footprint!" She headed toward the window.

Joel and I followed.

"Looks like Luke's," Joel mumbled.

A slight imprint shaped sorta like a person was near it. "Must of been knocked out." I said quietly.

We left not long after, we all went in Melissa's car since mine was out of commission for good. We dropped Joel and the rest of the band off at their bus, and Melissa and I left in silence. Her face was on the road, her lips a thin outline on her face, she seemed pretty upset, but we probably all were.

"How are you doing?" I asked.

"That's the same thing Joel asked me," she remarked, smiling slightly. It disappeared soon after. "Horrible. I never should of gone behind the stage to see them. They never would've heard what happened to Sadie, so then they wouldn't of been searching with us and Luke would've never been going door to door to get knocked out by some *******!" She said quickly and stressed. I was surprised she swore, I had never heard her swear before. She slapped the steering wheel.

I went to talk but she started talking again. "And then your car would've never been driven over a cliff, and maybe, just maybe the Suzie girl would've never been taken." She stopped, biting her lip as her eyes watered.

"Joel and Ben have been wearing off on me." I remarked. She raised her eyebrows at me.

"You know about God?" I asked her.

She nodded, "they're religious I know, are you?" She asked.

That hit me like a bullet in the chest.

"I don't know, but everything happens for a reason, and maybe God has a plan."

"Some plan..." She muttered.

"May-" I started.

"Just... Let's wait and see if Joel and I get our siblings back before we go off on a different topic. Ok?" She interrupted.

"Ok..." I replied.

*******

What can I say except, you're welcome!

Introducing the fully edited version of this fanfic of..... Many different topics...

Hope you enjoyed!