Chapter 3

Melissa's P.O.V.

"Hey!" I heard a voice I had heard from earlier. An Australian accent. Must be Joel. I looked up and saw him standing there.

"You can let her come in." He said to the woman. She gestured me in and I walked towards Joel.

I walked next to him for a little while until I decided to break the silence.

"Thanks," I muttered.

"No problem. But, why did you want to come back here so bad?" He asked as we walked towards the huge bus.

"Don't all your fans?" I asked, a little sarcastically.

He chuckled, "yeah, they do. But, you don't seem like a regular fan."

"I'd like to talk to you and your brother about something. It won't take long, but, I want to speak to both of you."

"Well, OK. He's probably in here, com'on in!" He opened the door and jumped up into the front lounge. I followed after him and looked around. It was just how I imagined these would look, a seat for the driver, couches along the side, a tv, a refrigerator, a sink, a bathroom, several bunks, etc.

"Take a seat," he gestured around the front room. "The guys aren't in here, I'll go and get Luke. Make yourself at home." He stepped out and closed the door.

Sadie would be freaking out now.

I sat down on the black couch, trying to take up as much room as possible. I pulled out my phone and stared down at it.

No new messages.

I pulled up Derick's contact and sent a message.

'Anything?'

I wasn't expecting anything but I was trying to pass the time and I felt so weird and out of place. I really just wanted to be home, watching tv, and listening to Sadie babble on about these men.

I stared at my phone wondering if he'd reply anything valuable when the door opened. I jumped slightly and dropped my phone on the couch beside me.

Joel and Luke walked through the door and into the room with me.

"Hey!" Luke said warmly.

I smiled up at him.

"My name is Melissa." I said.

"Nice to meet you, Melissa." Joel said, shutting the door.

"You too." I said smiling.

Luke headed for the fridge. "Do you want anything?" He asked me.

"No thanks," I replied. He grabbed a water and sat down closest to the fridge.

"So what did you want to talk to both of us about?" He asked.

"I-I just want to thank you... For the show, for being my little sister's favorite band." I said, choking back sobs.

"Why are you here alone, then?" Joel asked, sitting down next to me.

"She-she went missing yesterday." I choked.

Luke's head snapped around.

"The cars from yesterday."

I nodded.

"She was so excited to come to the concert. It would be the first one and she was really excited. I came so that her ticket wouldn't go to waste... And my boyfriend told me I should take a break from looking for her. We can't find her!" I cried hysterically. My phone buzzed and I saw a text from Derick.

'Nothing.'

Fresh tears flowed out my eyes as Joel put his arm around me and pulled me against his jacket which I let him.

I shouldn't be crying in front of these men. But I couldn't help it.

Luke's P.O.V.

Melissa continued to cry into Joel. Who looked at me with worried eyes. I just stared. I couldn't think of anything else to do.

Except for something.

This was the last show of the tour, and as bad as I wanted to go home to my family. I felt God nudging me to help this girl find her sister. If there was something we could do, this we could. I mean, we could try to find her with a search party for a week or so.

"Joel," I spoke thoughtfully.

"Yes?" He asked, rubbing Melissa's back.

"What if we stayed and helped look for a week or so?" I suggested quickly.

Joel's attention which had turned toward Melissa instantly came back to meet my face, Melissa's tear stained face looked up at me too.

"Well..." Joel stated.

"You don't have to. You've got lives, full careers, wives, and one of you has kids. From what I've learned from Sadie."

Joel chuckled, "Luke has three boys." He turned and gave me a very serious look. "It's been three months since we've been home." He pointed out.

I gestured him into the back lounge.

"We'll be right back, Melissa." He assured her. She turned her red, tear stained face up to look at me and nodded. Joel got up and followed me through the narrow hallway to the back lounge. He closed the door.

"Do you really want to do this?" He questioned.

"Nobody wants to have to look for someone missing." I pointed out.

He sighed, "I don't know what to think." He admitted.

"I think God wants us to do this. Just for a week or so." I decided.

"Alright, little brother." He threw his hands in the air.

I smiled as we opened the door.

*****

So this is a pretty boring chapter. It gets better! Sadie's kidnapper becomes very important!

Totally unrelated to this chapter, today I got an iTunes gift card worth $15 in a 4-H gift exchange! I am so going to get the new Burn The Ships album ASAP!

Expect more soon! <3