7

Joel's P.O.V.

We arrived at the starting point of today's search ground where Derick and several other volunteers were talking around the back of a pickup. (Must let you know I live in Montana so a LOT of people do that. But they usually drink beer)

We pulled up and grabbed flashlights for when it got dark. We made sure we all had walkie talkies and cell phones that were %100 charged. Melissa and Derick decided to go together, Ben, Timmy, Steven, and I went together, while Mark, Vince and other volunteers were in another party, then five other volunteers were in the third party. Luke was going to be doing what Derick had been doing yesterday, going door to door asking around. Derick thought it would be fine, but the rest of us were hoping that fans didn't see him and take up his whole day.

"Yesterday, I went to a house, the guy was acting sorta... weird, you may want to avoid it. Big log house with a blue little car in the drive, rickety porch, wood shed." Derick was telling Luke, "Just watch out. He acts like a creep." Luke went to say something but was interrupted by his phone buzzing. He held up his hand and walked away, he answered it and looked at the screen, must be facetiming Courtney and the boys.

I walked over to him and looked at Courtney, Jude, and Phoenix's faces.

"Hello from your favorite uncle!" I said, waving.

"JOELLY!!!" Jude shrieked.

I laughed at him before waving.

"I've got to go join my party, good bye, Courtney, good bye, Jude, goodbye, Phoenix!" I said.

"Good bye, Joel." Courtney said laughing.

I waved goodbye and walked off.

"Make progress!" Luke called after me. I turned back and nodded.

*******

Luke's P.O.V.

"Why aren't you going with him?" Courtney asked me.

"I'm going to go door to door." I replied. "Hopefully no one will recognize me."

She nodded. "Be safe. I've been praying for you guys and that you find her."

"Thanks, Love. I love you. Love you too, Jude and Phoenix. Give Leo a kiss for me." I replied.

"Will do." She replied.

After she hung up, I walked towards Derick's car, putting my phone in my pocket I felt something crunch beneath my foot. I reached down and found a pen, it had a crack in it from stepping on it but other than that it was fine. I brushed it off and put it in my pocket along along with the phone. Then got in and grabbed the key off the dash.

*******

I got to the first house and walked up the drive and rung the doorbell. A young, tired looking blonde haired woman, with a baby in her arms answered. "Yes?" she sighed. "Have you seen this girl?" I asked, holding up the photo Derick gave me. "Sadie Hill, 15 years old?"

She studied the photo. "I wish i could say I have. She's babysat for me. She's a great girl. I would help join the search but, kinda hard with three little ones." She said.

"I understand. I have three boys. Thank you for your time." I replied. She smiled and closed the door.

This is going to be a long day...

*******

Sadie's P.O.V.

My throat burned as soon as I finished throwing up my latest meal. My stomach ached with discomfort. I leaned against the wall, moaning in pain, when I heard someone screaming bloody murder. I looked towards the door as the sound got closer.