13

Aaron's P.O.V.

I woke up laying awkwardly on the couch. The others were passed out on the floor, I sat up, my head started ringing again. Who knew that would go so fast, I wasn't used to drinking heavy. I had work and it wasn't good to go nuts and do something you'd regret when you've got something to hide.

I finally stood up and drug myself to the kitchen to get a box of cereal for the girls. I didn't care at the moment if he ate any. He might be able to take me out in the state I was in. I'd deal with him later, when I didn't feel like crap.

I unlocked the door to their room; surprised to see the two girls sitting huddled together in silence in front of the door. I looked to the bed, the man wasn't there like he had been earlier.

"Where's the man?" I asked gently, setting the cereal on the floor in front of them.

"Your friends took him out when they were wasted out of their minds." Suzie said harshly. Glaring at me through green eyes that glowed like jewels. Sadie broke down on her shoulder.

"What?!" He was mine, they had no right to touch him. He may survive by them doing that, probably not but what I was going to do to him he would've lived 24 hours then die, not this.

I ran up the stairs, I didn't lock the door. It wasn't like they could get out of the house. I didn't feel the hangover anymore, I was overrun by anger.

"YOU ******* IDIOTS! WHY DID YOU TOUCH HIM?" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Ricky just moaned. I kicked his side. He slowly woke up, groaning. I kicked all of them till they woke up.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE TALL MAN?" I screamed in Ricky's ear. He grabbed for it. They all pulled themselves into chairs and on the couch and gave me confused looks.

I opened the window. Sunlight poured in, a fresh blanket of snow at least two feet deep glittered in the morning sun beneath the window.

I swore. Find a body in this powder wasn't going to be easy.

I punched all their confused, ugly faces, cursing at them before pulling on a coat and boots.

*******

I came back after an hour of trudging through trees until I decided to come back after seeing cop cars at the bottom of the mountain.

How did they get this close to us?

My anger was slipping so the headache, thanks to the hangover, came back. I sat on the couch, too sick to even slap their faces. Garret's mouth was open and drool came out the side like a sleeping bulldog. They groaned throaty rumbles that made them sound like bullfrogs in spring.

I eventually fell asleep no thanks to the snoring, groaning, and smell of bad breath ridded with the pungent scent of several different alcohols.

*******

Luke's P.O.V.

My eyes flew open at the intense pain I felt in my left shoulder. My eyes met Courtney's, which were watery as she looked back and cried happily.

Joel sat next to me, biting his lip, fighting back tears.

My mind could only think of one thing.

"Where's Sadie?" I asked quietly.

"W-we don't know. Do you?" Joel asked.

"You got my message?" I asked.

"It was cryptic." He smiled

"We'll find her, Luke," Courtney assured me. "But you definitely aren't going out in two feet of snow. What even happened?" She asked.

I told them the story of getting there, finding the window, talking with Sadie, getting beaten, writing the message on the gum wrapper, being taken to the can and driving to the cabin, the men up there, being beaten again, four drunk men throwing me out the front door of the cabin, and finally, singing since I couldn't move anymore and Joel and Stephen finding me. Joel chewed his lip and blinked back tears, while Courtney squeezed my hand as her eyes watered.

"I couldn't have gone very far," I continued, "can they get up there soon?"

"They're up there right now." Joel said.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"With the police." Courtney answered.

"Where are the kids?"

"With your parents back home. They were going to come but we heard you were fine besides lots of bruises, dehydration, hunger, and dislocated shoulder. So they stayed home. We'll go home tomorrow or the day after. Depending on your shoulder."

I nodded, a little disappointed that they weren't here. I missed them.

"I'm so glad you're safe. Was Sadie alright? Is the the girl that went missing alright?" Courtney asked.

Joel's phone rang, he answered.

"Aaron violated both of them. Sadie's been beat up a bit, but Suzie is-"

"Luke...." Joel groaned.

"What?"

"They can't find the cabin anywhere." He said, "there's no tracts anywhere,"

"Oh no..." I muttered, "Can I go in a vehicle? See if I can help?"

Joel and Courtney stared at each other.

"Let's asked the doctor first, Luke. Make sure you're alright to leave for awhile." Courtney said, I nodded. No point arguing when I was too tired to and there wasn't any point.

"You don't have to do this either." Joel reminded me.

"I know, but we can't wait around. If those guys get drunk again, who know what they might do. They are dangerous even if they're sober." I replied, I knew with every fiber of my being that we had to stay and get to the bottom of this.

Joel answered the person at the end, saying we would come up there if the doctor gave us an ok.

********

Oh man this is boring. I'm not in a writing mood rn so I'll update soon.

Maybe I'm dragging on this book but there's a lot more I want to do. As far as Luke being rescued, it kinda ends it right there for now. We will be focusing on Aaron and the guys mostly now.

My good friend and I sang Baby Boy at a homeschool program earlier tonight, I had a lot of fun. Except my mom doesn't like it when we sing just like Joel and Luke because she says we aren't Australians so don't sound like it! 😂😜