6

Luke's P.O.V.

"I'll be there in a few minutes, you don't have to go, Melissa." Derick said through the phone, choking back tears.

"She's not really talking right now..." Blake trailed off.

"We'll just take her to her house." I assured him.

"Alright, thanks, Luke, thanks to all of you." he said. "I'll let you know when I get there if it's her."

"Alright," I said, "promise me you'll go home afterwards and get some rest."

"We'll see..." he said.

"No. No matter if it's her or not, you need sleep." I told him. I had three boys at home. I really didn't need to parent a 22 year old.

"Fine." he said.

"We're just pulling in to her driveway." Blake told him as Ben turned the car onto the concrete drive.

"K. I'll update you as soon as I find out." He said. We both said alright and he hung up.

As soon as we all got in the house, Joel and Melissa headed for the couch while the rest of us lingered around the house trying to give them some space.

I headed for the living room where Melissa was curled up in a ball and Joel was softly praying with his eyes closed.

"Melissa," I called softly.

"Yes?" She sniffled.

"Where's the bathroom?"

"Down the hall to the right." She replied.

I nodded and left.

Walking down the hall, I noticed a partly open door right next to the bathroom.

The walls were dark blue, I saw a dresser which was all that was revealed by the partially open door.

Curiosity got the better of me, and I peeked in. It was sort of like a house of mirrors. The Priceless movie poster was on the wall along with several other pictures of Joel and me. The only thing stood out was the Skillet poster behind the door.

A Fix My Eyes t-shirt was lying on a queen sized bed with white covers.

I left the room and headed towards the bathroom.

I got to the living room just as Melissa's phone began to ring. Mark grabbed it and answered.

"Derick!" He exclaimed. I sat down next to him.

"So?" I asked. A part of all of us wanted to know the answer, but a part of us also didn't want to.

"It's not her." he said somewhat excitedly.

The tense atmosphere decreased and we all relaxed.

Melissa sat up. Her face instantly relaxing.

"The body's been down there for a week or so. I hope they find the murderer and let him get some justice." He said angrily. "I'm headed home, I love you, Melissa. Thanks, guys." he said.

"Love you too," Melissa smiled a little.

He hung up and we stayed with Melissa for a while longer before walking back to the bus which was parked in the parking lot behind the auditorium where we performed the night before.

I was laying in my bunk that night, exhausted, my throat was sore. I couldn't sleep, so I prayed.

God, I know you know where Sadie is. I know you all of our futures. Please let us to be able to impact Melissa, Derick, and Sadie. Keep your hand on Sadie, and if it's your will, let us find her alive and well.

I fell asleep soon after and woke up to sunlight pouring through the windows into the tour bus. Everybody else was already awake. I could smell bacon and eggs being fried in the electric skillet. I got up and stepped over to the bathroom to get changed. I walked into the front lounge where everyone was eating.

"Morning, sleepy head!" Ben said cheerfully.

*******

Sadie's P.O.V.

I see you dressed in white, every wrong made right

I see a rose in bloom, at the sight of you

You're Irreplaceable, unmistakable, incomparable

Oh, so priceless...

I sang, more like whispered hoarsely. I laid on the floor, to scared, and too in pain to even move.

Aaron had taken his knife and into my sensitive skin, cuts decorated my face and probably beneath my 4K&C sweatshirt and jeans which had multiple spots where blood had stained through the fabric. Later, he came in and cleaned the cuts on my face. He waited about an hour before coming back and doing what I had feared the most. Violating me.

I knew to remember I was priceless. But I couldn't help but cry. I hurt so much from all I had endured today, or all night. I had no idea what time it was right now.

********

A bit less active today!

Yeah, I know this is mature but there's hardly anymore in chapters to come. Luke's part gets way more interesting. I really need to do a cast and character thing but i haven't had time to find pictures of pretty people!

Just know: Joel and Luke are the 'prettiest' and the best of the people I could ever find! XD

PS. Cheers to @natalian_1 for continuing God Only Knows! Great story! Keep up the great work! <3 <3 <3