16

Derick's P.O.V.

Four days have past since Luke was found.

Joel, Luke, Courtney, Ben and all of them were leaving in four days. I hadn't blamed them. Melissa went back to work part time and so did I. The police had stopped such frequent visits to the mountain and most of our original search party had stopped searching. The police had begun to think that pronouncing Sadie and Suzie dead would be the best thing to do but Melissa had had a few words to say about that.

I had basically just been running on coffee and I was about to agree with the police.

*******

Samuel's P.O.V.

Aaron was acting weird. Going outside, keeping to himself, always on his phone, looking at the basement...

Something is going on. I thought anxiously as the five of us ate.

"The tarps all good?" I asked Ricky. He nodded, as he chewed.

"Do you want to go into town?" I asked.

"I will," Aaron said before Ricky could reply.

"That is the stupidest idea I have ever heard." Brett laughed from the kitchen.

"Ever heard of a disguise?" Aaron asked, reining in his temper, I noticed. He never really cares to control it. He and I finished eating at the same time and put our plates in the sink.

I caught up to him as he walked toward his room. "Are you alright, man?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm all good. I gotta go play dressup." he mumbled, he entered his room and came out with clothes and headed to the bathroom.

I snuck into his room as the bathroom door shut. I searched the room for anything. I tore it apart without making it look like I did.

Then I found it.

Sadie's P.O.V.

Aaron had just let his friend rape me. He didn't let him directly but he just didn't stop him. Violet said he was reading constantly. She had talked to us quite a lot and we had met the others briefly. I felt like I was the only one intent on escaping or at least hoping to get out.

"Suzie?" I called to where she was picking at the paint on the dresser. She looked up. Her green eyes dull.

"What?"

"I'm going to find a way out of here." I declared, getting off the bed.

her eyes widen and she suddenly looked more alive.

"Remember what Violet said? She tried. Nothing works. Besides Luke left that clue..."

"That was weeks ago..." I scowled, "I think."

"But they've gotta have some kind of lead." she argued.

"Suzie, It. Has. Been. Weeks. since we've been together. Nothing has happened. Nothing is going to happen if we don't make it happen."

"But you're going to-" she started, the opening of the door interrupting her.

Aaron was wearing casual clothes but still didn't look suspicious. He didn't bother with sunglasses, instead glasses and his hair was dyed dark brown.

"Suzie, Sadie... I... I want you to come. Now!" he stuttered. He gestured out the door and we hered past him.

"There is a door back there, it opens to a small garage. STAY. THERE. and wait or they WILL find you and we will all be in trouble." he said, calming down. We made sure to mind his shooing as we trotted down the hall to the garage. I turned to see him but he was gone. Almost everything in me told me to run away but a small part told me to stay. That small part was enough to make me obey.