14

Suzie's P.O.V.

I sat I the shower, letting the water run over my body. I wrapped my arms around my legs, trying to comfort myself. At the moment, I just wanted out of here. I didn't care what I had to give. I just wanted this to end.

I finally got out and wrapped a towel around my body and stared into the fogged mirror, my face was as red as my hair from crying and my freckles blended in with the redness. I hadn't known him. He wasn't a member of my favorite band. But he was a person, and he was hurting. Not anymore. But we were and his family would definitely be hurting even worse than us.

*******

I dressed and exited the bathroom. Sadie was lying on the bed, reading a newspaper that Aaron had brought down yesterday, her face empty of emotion.

"Wish he'd bring us today's." I said wistfully. I had already read it all earlier.

"No, I don't want him too. I don't won't to hear anything about them finding Luke's... Luke's b-body." She threw the paper aside and fell back and sobbed into the pillow. I sat down on the floor and read through the comics again blankly.

Crying was good the first time. Not anymore.

*******

Joel's P.O.V.

"This is where you found your brother, correct?" Officer Noxt asked for the third time.

I nodded. I remembered the trees and bushes. So did Stephen, why couldn't we find the cabin by now. We could've if it hadn't kept snowing. The police didn't continue to go looking after we found Luke, because they didn't know if they were looking for a murderer or what. They already had an APP out on this Aaron. But we didn't know what we were up against then.

We had to wait till Luke, Courtney, and a girl named Charlotte from the search party got up here so Luke could help us.

Moriah had been worried sick about us since Luke went missing. She kept texting me. I was surprised that I could even get them up here.

M: Where are you?

J: up on the mountain waiting for Luke and Courtney.

M: How's he doing?

J: Anxious to get up here. He doesn't know why we haven't found the cabin yet. He said he couldn't of crawled far at all.

M: Alright. Praying. Let me know what happens.

J: Thank you, will do. Love you!

M: Love you too!

*******

The car pulled up behind the group of people waiting. I ran up and opened Luke's door as he got out. Then opened Courtney's behind him.

I when to help him limp through the snow toward the Kubota side-by-side.

"I'm fine, Joel. I hobbled like this in a small room in a basement for two days. I'll make it ten feet." He assured me.