4

Sadie's P.O.V.

The door opened suddenly. I turned my attention away from staring at the floor to the tall figure towering over me.

"This isn't the nicest room in house, love." A man's voice purred.

My body's shivering doubled. I could only look at him.

"Any questions?" He asked casually.

I nodded.

"Go for it." He said sitting down on the cold wood floor a yard in front of me.

"What do you want with me?" I didn't sound very brave. I was shivering so bad I thought I'd pass out.

"You'll see. For the time being it gets awfully boring around here with no one to keep me company when I'm home."

"Do you work?" I asked.

He nodded. "Principal at Elementary school."

I raised my eyebrows.

He kidnaps girls on their way home from school but is a principal who keeps order at elementary schools?

"Why me?"

"If I saved any other girl they'd ask the same question, wouldn't they?" He pulled his hood down, revealing a man probably in his late twenties. With short dirty blond hair, he was tall, around 6'3.

"Saved?" I questioned. This guy sure didn't save me from anything except listening to my music. Right now I need someone to save me from him.

"The world is so dangerous, Sadie. I chose you out of millions of girls that will be lost. Having sex, doing drugs, cheating boyfriends and all the filthy stuff that kids grow to do."

"What'll happen to me?" I asked. But I was fairly sure I knew the answer already.

"Stay here for a few months. I'll train you then I've got some friends who will take you from there."

I knew what that meant.

This can't be real. I must be having an awful dream. I'll wake up at home, then get ready and run to the auditorium and have the best night of my life. In the pit!

Reality hit me.

The concert is over. I've been stuck in the room for more than a day. Joel and Luke were already in their tour bus heading down the road toward Nashville.

A new set of fresh tears poured out of my eyes onto the floor.

"Well," the man said getting off the floor, "I'll leave you alone for a while. I'll bring lunch in half hour."

"Wait!" I sobbed, "What's your name?"

"Arron," he said slowly.

"We are going to have so much fun together, Sadie!" He squealed and jumped up and down like an excited six year old.

I just wanted out of here. I don't care if I missed the concert because I already had, I just wanted to go home.

Melissa's P.O.V.

The two men came back and sat down next to me.

"We're going to stay for a week, Melissa, help look for her." Luke stated.

"But... Why?" I asked confused.

"Because I think it's what God wants us to do." Luke replied.

"To set things straight, I don't believe in any god." I said.

"You wouldn't regret it, Melissa." Luke said firmly.

I shrugged.

"When do we start?" Joel asked, clapping his hands together.

"I'll give you my boyfriend's address. We'll meet there tomorrow at 8. Deal?"

They both nodded.

"Do you have any paper I can write this down on?" I asked.

Joel got up and went to the back lounge, coming back with a pen and piece of paper. I scribbled the address out and handed it to Joel.

"Thank you," he said.

"No. Thank you, I don't know how effective two more people will be though. But I'll thank you in advance for taking the time."

"More than two of us. I'm sure everyone else will want to join the search when they come back." Luke said smiling.

"Alright. I should get home. I'll see you tomorrow." I headed for the door.

"Do you want one of us to walk you to your car?" Luke asked.

"If you want to..." I said hesitantly.

Luke got up and followed me.

"Luke, be back for bed." Joel called after him, shaking his finger at the door.

"Yes, mum," he grinned at we stepped out.

"It's not far." I said, he nodded.

"When did you come to the states?" I asked.

"When we were kids. Ever heard of Rebecca St. James?"

I shook my head.

"She's our sister. We can tell you more tomorrow. Sort of a long story." He said.

"So, you have kids?"

"Jude is five, Phoenix is three, and Leo is one."

"Nice. This is my car." We stopped at the dark blue Traverse, I unlocked it and opened the door.

"Thank you for everything you and your brother are doing. It means a lot. If we find her, we may give her a heart attack if her favorite band is in the search party." I smiled at the look on her face if we found her and she saw them.

Only if we find her alive.

Luke grinned. "Let's hope she doesn't have a literal heart attack."

He made me giggle with his accent.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said, getting in the driver's seat.

Luke waved and I pulled out of the parking lot towards our apartment.

*******

Has anyone seen "How well does for King & Country and Hunter Hayes know Christmas songs?"? It's hilarious. Joel was trying to cheat the whole time, and Beka from the Wally Show beat everyone. I love her!

This chapter is short. I think I have a habit of short chapters with all my books. It's not very fun...

Next update soon!