5

Grab your popcorn and pop! Enjoy the book!

****

Luke's P.O.V.

"Sadie!" I screamed for the 8,000th time.

I would probably loose my voice by tomorrow.

"Little brother, if you loose your voice, you better find it and bring it home before next month." Joel warned playfully.

"You too. But you aren't even calling." I replied hoarsely.

"That's why I'm here. To be quiet and search thoroughly while you scream your voice away." He replied.

I rolled my eyes and started scanning the leaf covered ground in front of me. We were out of town behind the place where her phone was found. I heard Mark, Ben, and Timmy to the right of us coming through trees with some locals.

Melissa walked back from where she was talking to someone.

Joel bent down to look down a small covert beneath a small gravel road.

"Joel." She said bluntly.

"Yeah?" He asked, standing up.

"A bunny could barely fit in the covert, let alone my fifteen year old sister." She said sarcastically.

She opened up to us quickly, being as we only met her last night. Hopefully she'd be a bit more cheerful and hopeful after a whole day of Joel's antics.

"We shall leave no stone unturned." He argued.

She shrugged.

"Where do you guys live? Las Vegas? Nashville? New York City?" she asked.

"Nashville," I said hoarsely before starting to cough.

They both started laughing.

"Do you want some water, Luke?" Joel asked, trying not to laugh.

I gave him a glare before nodding.

He handed me a water bottle from the back pack he was carrying.

I drank half of it before handing it back to him.

"You better not get laryngitis if Joel isn't going to yell." Melissa said grinning.

"The things I sacrifice for my little brother." I teased.

"Older brother..." Joel pouted.

"I wouldn't of been able to tell that." Melissa admitted.

"It would confuse people not just because I'm taller, but because he doesn't act nearly as mature I do." I said matter-of- factly.

"Let's keep looking..." Joel muttered.

******

Sadie's P.O.V.

Aaron came in the next day, far later than he said he would. He gave me a subway sandwich and watched me eat it. I wonder how many other girls he has locked away because he acts like this is completely normal, which is probably the thing I most terrified of.