16/12/18

Dear Whoever's Reading

I've told Namjoon what had happened. He didn't seem very surprised when I said that you- I mean, Jimin cheated on me. I asked him if he knew anything about it and he remained quiet for a couple of seconds before he said:

„I felt something was wrong. Something wasn't quite right. But I never thought it would be that."

It did little to comfort me and Namjoon didn't seem to have in mind to reassure me either. However he had some news which made my skin crawl.

* * *

„I'm sorry you had to find that out, Yoongi."

„I never expected it.."

„Mhm.. Listen, I've been taking a closer look at the chat with Jimin and Jungkook. And I think I found something that might bring you further."

My first thought was very clear. Jungkook must be involved into the cheating matter.

„What did you find out?" I whispered, not averting my gaze from him as he pulled out a piece of paper and a pen as if he had been just waiting to explain me what he had found out.

„Jungkook had some typos when he texted Jimin." he began, writing down some words. „And he did so as soon as Jimin asked when he should come over."

„Isn't it a coincidence?" I asked back.

„I don't think so." he answered, showing me then the piece of papier with the words written. „I believe that this is a secret message."

said —> daid
late —> oate
maybe —> maybr
home —> homw
you —> ypu

„These are the words he misspelled. Now don't tell me you don't see something weird about them."

I just frowned, looking at the random words without really getting a weird vibe about it. „I don't get it."

Namjoon just rolled his eyes and started explaining. „He misspelled the following letters: s, l, e, e, o. Is now something ringing in your head?"

I looked at the letters. „Sleep..? But why is there an ‚o' instead of a p?"

„Jungkook wanted to trick us and purposely put the ‚p' in 'you'. Now you get the word ‚sleep'. Don't you think that's a bit weird?"