21/12/18

Dear Whoever's Reading

It's Friday.
It's Taehyung's day.

I didn't expect him to actually show up. I thought he would just leave me alone and I was actually fine with that. Taehyung was my first suspect after all and I didn't really need much more proof. He just needed to finally admit it.

But to my surprise he came to Namjoon's house, his expression showing determination.

* * *

„I didn't kill him."

„Good morning, Taehyung." I deadpanned and stood infront of the entrance, looking at him.

„You have a blue eye.

„Yeah, thanks to your crush.

He sighed, rolling his eyes. „I'm just here to make some things clear."

„Fine, come in then."

We sat down together around the dinner table where my breakfast was standing. I couldn't understand how I was able to controll my anger I had towards him. I really cannot explain it.

„I want to prove my innocence." he said as he sat down.

"You wouldn't have to prove anything if you weren't the murderer."

He glared at me, his fists hidden underneath the table but I could still tell he was angry. "I'm not the murderer."

"What's your proof then?"

"I would never kill Jimin-"

"That's what everybody says."

"Let me finish!" he hisses, shifting his posture. "You know Jimin was my best friend. Me finding out that he had something going on with Jungkook made me mad, yes. But in the end he was the one threatening me."

"What do you mean?"

"Ah, you only listen to what you want to hear." he said, taking out his phone and showing me the chat he has had with Jimin. "Here. He said he would kill me if I said anything."

"That is no proof."

"I just wanted to point that out." he said. "He died on the 12th of November, right?"

"Right."

"On that day I wasn't home."

"Yes, you were at our home."

"Oh for fuck's sake, Yoongi!! I wasn't in the fucking town! I had an exam that day."

"What exam?"

"Finals."

"Finals are now."

"Well, the mid-term finals, it's the fucking same."

"Why did you have to do them out of the town?"

"They were like a special kind of exams and I don't really know why but the point is that I wasn't here!"

"I don't believe you."

"Aaah, Yoongi! But it was like that!"

"I don't care, Tae. Fact is that the only one who really seems to have a reason to kill Jimin is you."

"But I said I would never kill him! He was my best friend after all! We had been friends for longer than you were with Hoseok!"

"You know what I wonder?"

"What..?"

"How come you never told him that you liked Jungkook? I mean you were so close friends, weren't you?"

His face instantly became red, his eyes averting mine. "I know Jungkook never saw me like that. So I knew it would never work out. Not telling Jimin was like my affection to Jungkook never existed. Or I never let it exist. But the moment I found out.. I don't know. It just broke me."

"How did you find out?"

"I went to Jungkook's house on the 11th of November. It was just a surprise visit. When I came in I saw an used condom on the floor and so I asked what was going on. And then he told me everything."

"Define everything."

"Well, that Jimin was cheating on you with Jungkook without you knowing it. He did it because of some sort of revenge which doesn't make much sense because you didn't remember but I didn't question it and-"

"Revenge?!"

"Yeah."

"What do you mean?"

"Well.. you cheated first?"

"Oh my God, no! Not you too!"

"What?!"

"I never cheated! Why is everyone saying that?!"

Taehyung's eyes widened. Pure shock was displayed on his face. "How can you say that?"

I blinked several times. I would need to find out what happened there. But I know neither Jungkook nor Taehyung or Seokjin would tell me what I needed to know. So I let the matter slip.

"Forget it. What else do you have to allegedly prove?"

Ain't that enough proof?!"

„I don't believe you."

„Argh!"

„Whatever, if you don't have anything else to tell me you can leave."

„Fine. I'll go." he said, standing up from the chair and shoving his hands in his pockets. „We'll see us, I guess."

„Not when I call the cops on you." I said with a tiny smirk.

He just stared wordlessly at me, probably too tired to say anything. And so he just left.

* * *

I don't know what to think about Taehyung. He looked serious but the fact that he wasn't able to give concrete statements made it unbelievable.

So, for me, Taehyung is still the number one suspect.

But I don't know anymore.

Yoongi