One of the Guys?

Verra Husk had been alone on that fateful October afternoon. The viral video had quickly become buried under thousands of others. That's how it worked. She was used to it. No matter what she did, it was impossible to bring attention to her own art. It always seemed to have to be someone else's.

Her laptop let out a small ding from across the bedroom. She got up from behind the drum kit and opened it up. She had a new email from an unknown address. As the email stretched across the screen, Verra could feel her heart stop for a second.

picklesthedrummer@dethmail.com

Hey there! I noticed your video the other day. You're pretty good. At the moment, we're having a hard time coming up with our newest album. After looking at your original work, I knew you'd be the solution to our problem. If you're interested, come stop by the Mordhaus.

Pickles the Drummer

Verra couldn't believe what she was reading. Dethklok wanted her to help with their newest album? She didn't care whether or not she was credited, it had been her dream to meet the band for so long. All the extensive and tedious learning periods seemed to pay off. Truth is, she had no idea what she was getting into.

That next day she eagerly got dressed and left for Mordhaus. As the car skidded to a stop, she stepped out and tried to casually walk up to the entrance, although her excitement was clear on her face. She pressed down on the buzzer only to have two gears point sniper rifles at her from the towers above. Her eyes widened with fear, knowing how many people died when involved with the band.

"Woah there, she was invited guys," the redhead drummer yelled up to them. Verra hadn't even noticed him open the door. They pulled their guns away and nodded. "Hey, I'm glad you decided to come!" he held his hand out to her. She shakily grabbed it, smiling with trembling lips. He laughed a bit.

"It's okay, we'll take this one step at a time, I know this is probably overwhelming. We're the most popular band in the world, I'd be nervous too."

She nodded, hoping she hadn't embarrassed herself within seconds of meeting just one of the band members. He took her inside, bringing her to where everyone else should be. Gears walked by casually, yet seemed so intimidating. As the door to the recording studio opened, she realized that maybe she shouldn't be as intimidated as she was.

Nathan, Toki, and Skwisgaar were cheering as Murderface attempted to play the bass with his toes. An older man with short brown hair sat in the corner, a hand shamefully placed across his eyes.

"Guys, we got company," Pickles said, bringing their attention away from Murderface. Verra looked at each of the band members.

"Aw man, Pickles, you never told me you were bringing a girl," the bass player groaned. "Yeah," Nathan added, "You never told any of us you were bringing her."

Toki narrowed his eyes at Verra before smiling widely, "Oh, thats is because Nathans does not likes her!" Skwisgaar hit Toki in the shoulder with the head of his guitar, causing him to yelp a bit.

"Ja, but we's not suppose to tell her that," he whispered. Pickles frowned at Verra, "Don't listen to them, Nathan just doesn't...know you. It may take a while." She nodded, a little taken aback by what had unfolded so quickly. Nathan glared at her, arms crossed and brows furrowed. He didn't want help, especially from a girl.