Cheating Bitch

"Toki, open the goddamn door!" a raspy voice yelled from behind the door. Murderface's knocking grew louder and louder. Toki and Verra began to panic, seeing the mix of their clothes thrown everywhere.

"Just one minutes!" Toki angrily yelled, pulling his pants back on. Verra scrambled across the floor in an attempt to find her shirt.

There was a loud gasp from behind her. The knocking and yelling stopped. She reluctantly turned around to meet the wide eyes and gaping mouth of Murderface, who hadn't been informed of Charles's plan between her and Nathan.

"You cheating bitch," he whispered. She sat on the floor, half dressed, desperately trying to find a way to explain the situation to Murderface.

"It's not-"

"I can believe you'd do this to Nathan," his voice grew louder. She stood up and marched towards him. She had taken enough shit from everyone and was close to losing it.

"I didn't do anything to him. The whole relationship is fake. He's not supposed to know that, and so help me god, if you tell him I'll gauge your eyeballs out with a teaspoon."

Murderface bit his lip and nodded. Toki cautiously approached her from behind and handed her the shirt she had been looking for. She muttered out a thanks and turned around to put it on.

"Whats did you wants?" Toki asked.

"Well, a few of my strings are broken...and I know that I didn't break the-" he began before Toki cut him off.

"Gets the f-ck out!" He pointed to the side. Murderface sped down the hall and left the two alone once again.

"So now," Verra sat at the edge of Toki's bed, "If he tells Nathan, he'll think I'm a cheater. Either way I'm going to hurt him. Am I a bad person?"

Toki wrapped his arms around her and held her close, allowing her to rest her head under his chin. She was too conflicted to cry. She loved Toki, and she knew that, but hurting Nathan for the sake of a few songs didn't seem right.

"Doings your job doesn't makes you bad," he said. Verra looked over at the clock. It was around eleven, they hadn't been away from everyone for too long. She could go downstairs and hopefully act like nothing happened, meet up with Nathan.

She didn't want to pretend nothing happened between her and Toki. It would've been nice if they could stay there all night, but there was an act she had to keep up for Nathan. She kissed Toki on the cheek, "I should go downstairs."

Murderface had gone to bed by the time Verra got down there. That's one less thing I'll have to deal with, she thought. The room had grown darker, or at least it seemed that way. It was empty, except for Charles sitting alone in an armchair.

"Where did everyone go?" she asked. He looked up from his paper and adjusted his glasses.

"Uh, to be honest, I'm not quite sure. Can't really keep track of those boys," he laughed. She sat down at the couch beside him. He went back to studying his papers, likely finances or something. Something the band couldn't take care of by themselves.

"How do you do it? I've known these people for a couple months and it's already overwhelming. You've been with them, managing them, from the very beginning."

Charles took a minute to absorb the question, furrowing his brows in thought. He finally smiled a bit, "I think that, uh, once you get past their  flaws, they're really amazing individuals. It all comes down to... Knowing that they're worth your time."

Was this really worth her time? Of course, she thought, Of course this is worth my time. Each band member has, for the most part, been kind me. I don't deserve it, but here I am.

"Not to be inappropriate or anything," Charles broke her thoughts, "I know about you and Toki. Being an item... And all that."

Verra rested her chin on her hand and looked over at Charles. He gave a short nod, "I think it's nice he has someone like you. You know, who isn't using him or his fame."

He stopped for a second, observing her conflicted expression.

"Frankly," he softened his voice, "I think you may just be exactly what this band needed."