Totally, utterly f-cked

"He kissed you?!" Toki said a little too loudly over the phone. Verra shushed him and continued with their conversation. She had gotten home half an hour ago and didn't really know who to talk to other than Toki.

"Yeah but I don't feel that way about him. I don't know what to do, Toki."

"Tells him, then," he said simply. She scoffed, "If only it could be that easy. If I tell him now, he'll kick me off the project. This means so much to me."

Toki took a few seconds to think, Verra holding her breath in anticipation of an answer. "Sos, you woulds rather pretend to loves Nathan?"

She let out a frustrated groan, falling backwards onto her bed. Toki frowned at he listened to her. It wasn't fair for her. Nathan shouldn't have done that, now she was stuck.

"Stays there," he said before hanging up. Verra threw a confused look at her phone before dropping it beside her. Within 15 minutes there was a timid knock at her door. She opened it to see the brunette guitarist standing in front of her.

Before either of them could speak, she tossed her arms around his neck and pulled him into a tight embrace. He hesitated before gently placing his hands on her back.

"God, I seriously f-cked myself this time," she muttered into Toki's shoulder. "It's okay, one times I almost mateds with a really really gross girl fors life."

His attempt at reassurance made Verra chuckle, "Seriously?"

"Unfortunately," Toki said. Verra pulled away from their hug and ushered him inside.

"I know I said I was taking a break but I'm having a beer. You want one?" she pulled two beers out of her fridge and placed one on the counter, not really giving him a choice. Toki took off his jacket and laid it on her couch. They both sat down on the floor around the coffee table and popped open their bottles.

"What do I do about Nathan? I mean, you've known him longer than I have."

Toki furrowed his brows in thought. "Maybes he didn't feels nothing either?"

Verra huffed, "He asked me to come back to Mordhaus, I think I know what he had in mind there. He obviously felt something." Toki frowned at this. He didn't like the idea of Nathan and her... Together.

"...I said no," Verra hesitantly spoke up, noticing Toki's slight angered expression. Toki just nodded in response and took a drawn out drink from his bottle.

"So why'd you come over?" she broke the awkward silence. Toki locked eyes with her and gave a half smile. "I thoughts you would wants someone to comforts you. It means more whens its in persons."

She smiled and looked down at her hands, where she twisted a silver ring around her finger. "Thanks," she said after a second.

"I cans tell Nathans for you," he said quietly. Verra shrugged, "I feel like that would be a p-ssy move on my part. I'll let him down gently before things get worse."

As the night progressed and the two got more drunk with every minute, they hardly realized they had been up until 4 am. When Verra finally glanced at her clock, she jumped up in an unnecessary panic. "Oh my god it's late!"

"I shoulds go, then," Toki mumbled. Verra looked at him. He slouched against the side of the couch, eyes half open and a stupid grin stuck on his face. She shook her head, "Just crash on my couch for the rest of the night." He shouldn't have been driving without a license in the first place, but that was the least of her worries.

He crawled onto her small love seat as she grabbed a soft blanket for him from her closet.

"Thanks you," he said as he drifted off. She stepped back into her room and glanced at the guitar pick he had gotten her. She wasn't sure how to tell Nathan. She couldn't lose what she had with these people.