A Plan

Another Dethklok Minute update of her and Nathan. This time when he helped her into Mordhaus. Verra felt sick to her stomach. She didn't have feelings for this man. Sure, he was a great person to talk to, but not for a relationship. Not to Verra. It seemed that every day she was drilled into a deeper and deeper hole.

They all sat in the dining room. Verra had her foot propped up on another chair. Nathan insisted on sitting beside her as usual. Toki had to sit almost all the way across the table.

"So where were you this morning?" Nathan asked.

"Uh, I-" she began to answer, but Pickles interrupted her. "She got up a little early, so I figured I'd show her my, uh, sticks... Collection."

Nathan raised his eyebrows, "Huh, I didn't know you had one."

"Yup, I do. In my bedroom...closet..." he trailed off, knowing he'd now have to follow through with this. The door opened and Charles stepped into the room holding a large binder. He placed it down at the head of the table and took a seat.

"Verra, I figured that this would be a good time to include you in a band meeting since this does involve you," he said.

"To start off, the deadline for the next album is in two months, which may seem to be enough, but will disappear before you know it. We, uh, really need to spend more time on that."

"What do you mean? We've been working on this a lot!" Murderface whined. Charles scowled at him, "If by working you mean eating all the food and sleeping, then sure."

Skwisgaar scoffed, "Ja, Murderface, how's ams your bass lines coming along? Oh waits, I hads to dos thems myself!"

"Guys," Pickles said before anyone else could add anything, "The music's comin' along great. We have the right sound. All we need is to write out the lyrics."

Charles nodded towards Nathan and Verra, "That brings me into the next order of business. Nathan, you and Verra have been all over the Dethklok Minute. It's surprisingly very good publicity, people have been going crazy over the two of you."

Verra hated this. Even Charles?

"I want the two of you to spend some time together away from the band."

---

"Mr. Offdensen," Verra tried her best to limp after the man as he left the dining room. He stopped and turned towards her.

"I know what the press said but I-"

Charles held up a hand as if commanding her to stop speaking and pulled her to the side. She was getting a little tired of being interrupted so often.

"I know. I don't want you growing closer with Nathan. As a matter of fact, I want you to, well... I want you to break his heart. Completely emotionally destroy him," his voice had lowered to a whisper.

"Huh?" was all she could force out of her mouth. He shook his head in shame, "I know it sounds terrible, but Nathan writes his best when experiencing negative emotions. You signed up for this to help the band with their new album, this is how you'll help."

"What about everyone else, what about...? How will I face them, Nathan, after this?"

"That's a risk you'll have to take. I'll try to explain to Nathan afterwards, but I can't be sure whether or not he'd be open to seeing you around anymore."

"So I might not get to see the band anymore after this?"

Charles tilted his head to the side, seeing her genuine concern for these men.

"I'll do my best to prevent that, but for now we need to get this album out. Before the economy plummets any further."