The Music Store

Verra lead the guys into Wally's Music Shop, a small music store that she had gone to since she was little. It was part of their 'find inspiration' aspect of the deal.

"This is... Quaint..." Toki said from behind her. She grinned, "Yeah, isn't it awesome?"

"I mean, it's not bad," Nathan mumbled. Verra excitedly rushed to the back of the shop where all of the drum equipment was kept. Rows of multi-colored sticks, off brand cymbals, and kick pedals were a few of the items lined up.

"God, these are what I started out on," she picked up a dull cymbal and brushed her fingertips across the surface. "Oops..." Pickles had dented a cymbal. Verra rolled her eyes at him as he put his hands up, "I was just checking the durability!"

Verra put the cymbal down, "So Nathan, doesn't this get you inspired?" He shrugged, "Uh, not really?"

She grabbed his arm and pulled him over to a rack of old CDs, "C'mon, think of the first time you started singing. The excitement of learning the notes and how to write songs-"

"I didn't learn. I was born like that," he interrupted. Verra pursed her lips, "I should've figured."

"Well it gives me inspiration!" Murderface cheerfully mocked Nathan. He had been looking at some CDs himself. Verra playfully scoffed and went to find Toki. He was standing over a little bin next to Skwisgaar. Verra leaned over Toki's shoulder.

"Ooh, those are cool," she watched as they dug through a bin full of patterned guitar picks. "Theys flimsy. I'd breaks them in seconds," Skwisgaar said. "Yeah, we gets it, you're too goods for these. Screw off," Toki teased him.

Verra picked up a navy blue pick with a burgundy rose printed on it, "Oh, this one is really nice!" She put it back in the bin and walked off. Toki pulled it back out and inspected it. He left 5 cents in a jar next to the bin and shoved the pick into his pocket.

---

"So would you guys say we've had a successful outing today?" Verra asked as they left a small burger joint. The sun had nearly set and it started getting cold. "It wasn't terrible," Nathan said. "I had fun!" Toki spoke up from next to Verra. She approached her car, and before going over to the motorcycle, Toki handed her a crumpled napkin.

"Open it," he whispered in her ear before running off. Nathan stayed behind and walked up to Verra as she unfolded the napkin. "Hey, uh... I was kinda wondering if you'd want to..." Nathan could feel his heartbeat in his throat. Underneath the streetlight, her skin glowed a soft golden color. Her hair looked flaming orange.

"Oh my god," she smiled and held her hand up to her mouth. There in the napkin sat a navy blue guitar pick with a rose in the middle.