Breaking Things Off..?

Murderface walked with Nathan, only having just found out about the kiss. He elbowed him in the side, "Hey, good for you. She's hot." Nathan grinned a cocky grin, "Yeah she is."

"But what about the last time you dated a fan? Trindle?" Murderface asked. Nathan shuddered, "I don't like to think about her. But Verra isn't like her. She's cool about this kinda stuff."

Nathan couldn't get his mind off of her soft lips. He wanted her badly.

He also couldn't stand how much time she spent with Toki. Him of all the band members? Nathan shook away the thought, he didn't need to worry about that anymore. Verra was his.

---

Verra tried not to choke on her own breath as Nathan entered the recording studio. Toki shot nervous glances at her, and angered ones at Nathan. He didn't notice so it wasn't much use. The room was oddly quiet. The group all sat there, only a few knowing what was actually going on. She wanted to tell Nathan right away, but it wasn't the right time.

"So, uh, here it should stop and the chorus starts," she sat beside Nathan and Dick Knubbler, pointing at drum and guitar tabs she had written up a few nights ago. Nathan couldn't keep his eyes off her, and she could almost feel his gaze drilling into her skull. It made her hands quiver as she adjusted a demo on the sound board.

"Could I excuse myself for a minute?" she said, "I'll be outside."

The door clicked shut behind her and she kneeled down on the ground. God,  she thought, what am I going to do about Nathan? How do I just tell him I don't like him?

The door clicked shut once again. A large body sat down beside her. Nathan. Now was as good a time as ever.

"Nathan, I don't think this will... Work..." she felt the words come out of her mouth in a bitter mumble. He was a bit shocked.

"I'm sorry if I took things a little fast," he whispered to her. She nodded and pulled her knees up to her chest. "I don't think we should go out again yet." Her mouth clamped shut after yet. Hopefully he hadn't read into it too much because she just wished she couldn't speak anymore. She seemed to keep worsening things for herself.

"That's fine," He said, putting a hand on her shoulder before getting up and heading inside. He seemed to take it well. A little too well, but that was much better than an emotional breakdown.

As she stepped back inside she noticed Toki's inquisitive stare. She gave an awkward smile and a look of relief washed over his face.