Lust, Pain, Tears

This chapter is not meant to bash Nathan. He's a great character, but this is my plot soooo. (He never meant to hurt anyone, keep that in mind)

Verra tossed and turned wildly that night. She couldn't leave Nathan's room again. Making him think she was cheating wasn't the way Verra wanted to break it to him. He noticed her restlessness after a while.

"Having trouble falling asleep?" he whispered. Verra turned to him.

"O-only a little. I'm fine," she gave an unconvincing smile.

"No, c'mere," he gestured for her to get under the covers with him. She nearly gagged on her own breath. The nicer he was, the more it hurt. She reluctantly got out of her bed and slid into his. The sheets were surprisingly soft. She wasn't sure what she was expecting, but the bed was comfortable. It took up most of the bedroom, too.

He didn't hold her, which came as both a shock and relief. They just laid a couple feet apart in his incredibly oversized bed. It wouldn't last too long, though. He brought himself closer to her and gently grabbed her chin in his hand.

He gave her a gentle kiss, which differed greatly from the first. She couldn't react, pull away, she just let it happen. The only thing that crossed her mind was the time she had spent with Toki in his bedroom earlier that night. Guilt then swept over her entire body.

---

Verra's boot came off the next day. Nathan insisted she stay with him anyway. That night, the other mattress had been taken out of his room, leaving the large bed in the center for the two of them to share. Being that it had gotten so cold, they kept close together that night.

His snoring filled the room, but she fell asleep quickly. After barely getting any rest the night before, it was hard to stay awake.

---

Nathan stayed up with her longer than usual the next night.

"Don't you think we should get to bed soon?" She asked after a while. He looked over at her with his deep green eyes, then down at her lips. The sound of a fire crackling in the back filled the room. He pulled her into a deep kiss, placing his hand on her cheek. She went along with it, hoping that at that point they had been together long enough.

He pulled her closer so that she was leaning over him. His hands made their way down to the hem of her shirt and pulled it over her head, letting it fall beside them. Verra broke the kiss and watched as his eyes hungrily traveled down her partly exposed body. There was nothing she could do.

Verra gripped the sheets beneath her as Nathan finished. Don't Cry, she thought, Just don't cry. Tears threatened to spill out at any given moment. She managed to pinch them back until he was done and laid down beside her. It was then that she reached down and put her clothes back on.

I'm disgusting.

He quickly fell asleep, leaving Verra to stare at him with something close to hatred. She was hurt that night. He hadn't seen the red marks his grip left on her. The longer her eyes searched his face, the more she wanted to scream. Instead, her throat swelled up and her eyes began to water. Before being able to think twice, she was sprinting down the hall.

It just so happened that, a minute later, she ran straight into the exact person she had wanted to see. Toki's big, blue eyes widened as she practically tackled him.

"What's wrong?" he held her face in his hands, observing the tears forming in her eyes. She decided that, in that moment, she hated herself. Instead of being able to speak, her face contorted as she began to sob. The hall echoed her loud coughs and cries, but they were the only ones there. He caught a glimpse of the now-bruising skin from under her tank top, which had ridden up. He pulled it up more to reveal the whole mark.

It was all she could take. His eyes seemed to well up as well, which caused her to collapse into his arms. They sat there for a while. Toki hadn't been able to say much. He could only stare down the lonely hall as Verra's sobs gradually faded into soft cries.