A Date with Tonto

Nathan watched Verra and Pickles experiment with different drum beats from behind the glass of the recording studio. Her eyes seemed to light up whenever she played. When they finally came out, Nathan pulled Verra to the side, motioning for Pickles to leave.

"What's up?" she asked, a confused grin stuck on her face. Nathan sighed. "You know, like, you're a really nice girl and... You have a... Nice face... And... Would you go on a date with me?"

She was taken aback, having no idea he felt that way about her. She considered the idea, narrowing her eyes a bit in thought. "Um... Sure," she smiled. He grinned back, "Okay, we could go out after practice today if you're free?"

"Sounds good."

---

Verra gripped Nathan's waist as they sped down the street on his motorcycle. She had to duck under his hair, which would've blown into her face if she didn't. He didn't say much. It was too loud to say anything, anyway. She just fixed her eyes on the stars as they seemed to fly by.

He pulled in front of a bar and hopped off. She followed, looking up at the building. "A bar?" she asked, jogging a bit to catch up with him.

"Yeah, isn't this what regular jack-off dates are like?"

"I guess so," she trailed off. They sat down together at the counter. Verra had decided to stay away from alcohol for a bit since the last time she drank. She drummed her fingers on the counter as Nathan ordered for himself. Verra realized there was a pit in her stomach and she felt a bit awkward around Nathan like this.

"I'll just take a coke," she told the bartender. Nathan raised his eyebrows at her, to which she replied, "I'm staying away from alcohol for a bit."

"Okay. Well, tell me about yourself, I guess," he said, leaning over to face her. She shrugged, "Uh, there's not much to tell... I'm 22, I'm an only child, and I grew up focused on music."

"Well, what about your family?"

She sadly shook her head and pursed her lips, "Nothing to tell. Just, uh, regular old jack-offs." Nathan chuckled as the bartender handed them their drinks, "One for the lady... And one for Tonto over here."

"Tonto?" Verra stifled a giggle, quickly changing the subject. Nathan rolled his eyes at the bartender and took his drink. "I dunno," he sighed.

"What about you?" she asked.

"I'm pretty sure my fans know more about me than I do."

"Seems fair," she took a sip from her glass, "So do you do this often or..?"

"Dating? Not for a while. It's normally just groupies backstage. I did date that one girl for a while... Rebecca. She was cool after the coma and stuff. She fell down, like, 20 flights of stairs. I also went out with these other girls but the guys..."

Verra looked down at her coke as Nathan droned on and on about all these girls he's gone out with. She regretted her question. She started to regret going out with him in the first place. It was then that it dawned on her that this could mess up their deal. Hopefully she could let him down gently before things got too far.

After a few hours, Nathan lead her outside and leaned back against the motorcycle. "I had fun," he smiled at her. She nervously chuckled, "Yeah..."

He reached forward and grabbed her face in his hands, staring down at her lips. Verra started to silently panic, grabbing his hands in an attempt to pull them away. Before she could utter a word of protest, he pressed his lips against hers. Her eyes shot open and she was too shocked to move away. He pulled away from her, still holding her face. She awkwardly smiled at him, unsure of what to say.

"Wanna come back to Mordhaus?" he whispered to her. She shook her head, "My mom is stopping by tomorrow morning and I need to be there," she lied.

"Another time then," he stroked her cheek before getting onto the motorcycle. She got on behind him and sighed. She just f-cked everything for herself.