Mortified

After Nathan stomping out of the room, Verra was left with the other 4 band members. At least they seemed to be okay with her. Pickles sat her down in an armchair next to the couch. Toki joined the two, along with Skwisgaar. Murderface narrowed his eyes at the four of them, then glanced back at the door.

"Pickles, are you sure about this?" Murderface asked, spitting on the floor a bit as he did so.

"Nathan needs help, whethers or not he wants to admits it," Skwisgaar said whilst casually plucking a riff Verra couldn't do if she practiced it for months. "So thats is why you bring pretty musics lady?" Toki asked. Verra tried to hold back her smile.

"Well I think maybe if he gives her a chance, Nathan would be open to a little help," Pickles shrugged. Verra looked at each of the members, still in awe. She hoped that Nathan hadn't decided he hated her already. She hadn't even spoken a single word. Oh god, she hadn't spoken yet. What was she going to say to the most popular band in the entire world?

"So... What is it you guys need me to do?" She managed to squeak out. Toki's eyes widened a bit, "Your voice is nots as deep as it sounds ins the video." Verra chuckled before Pickles answered for her.

"We was just wonderin' if you could try out a few riffs, show us some of your original songs. Maybe even how you get your inspiration?" Verra smiled, albeit a nervous one. "I'd be happy to."

She plugged the guitar into the amp. It was a model she had never seen before, she didn't even know what company it was from. Skwisgaar spoke up at her confusion, "That's is an original I designed."

That didn't help her nerves. The four members sat on the couch in front of her, just staring. Her fingers twitched as she strummed out a few notes, tuning as she went. After a few minutes, she took a deep breath and tried her best to play one of her original songs. She winced every time she messed up a note, which seemed to become more often as time passed.

"God, I'm so sorry," she said, putting her head in her hands, "I don't normally suck this much."

"Hey, how's about we give you a few minutes to warm up without us here?" Pickles shrugged. The rest of them followed him out of the room. She sat alone, mortified that she couldn't even play her own song.

She stared down at the electric blue guitar and sighed. It was beautiful. Too good for her. She found an older Gibson model on the wall and sat down with it, plugging in the amp and closing her eyes lightly.

She began to strum out a soft, eerie melody that filled the room. Maybe it wasn't the most complex when it came to technique, but it was unlike anything Nathan had heard before. He noted that as he passed by the recording studio, peeking in at her playing.