Twice Alone, Once Together

Nathan seemed pleased as Verra sat with him by the sea shore. The waves came close to their shoes, but they didn't move away. Nathan had finally gotten around to her, it seemed.

Verra was only thinking about how to move this along quicker. She needed him wrapped around her finger. It felt awful, using him like that. He was such a nice person. He didn't deserve that. But she didn't have much of a choice.

"We recorded some of our best songs down there," Nathan stared out at the sea. "You like Murmaider, right? That's how I found you."

"Yeah, but didn't you hate me at first?" she let out a chuckle.

"...I mean... Only because I was intimidated by you."

Verra scrunched her nose and giggled, "Intimidated by me? Weren't you the one born with your musical abilities?"

"No, I just think that you're actually a good person. I've done some f-cked up shit. People like us, like the band, it's hard to be actually good."

"Oh, how humble of you," Verra rolled her eyes.

"I know," he melodramatically stared into the sky. His arrogance annoyed her, but she couldn't show it.

---

Verra made her way upstairs to change out of her clothes from the date. Her pants were damp and covered with sand, and she needed a shower.

When she got out she got dressed and put the walking boot back on. Downstairs, everyone sat in the living room. Toki was in the back playing arcade games while everyone else sat in the hot tub. Okay, she thought, this only makes me a little uncomfortable.

"Oh, does you wants to gets into the hot tub too?" Skwisgaar asked as she walked by them.

"Uh, I just showered, so I'm good for now."

She walked up to Toki and stood beside him as he played. He didn't acknowledge her.

"Toki?" she asked.

"Yes?" he kept his eyes locked on the screen.

"I'm sorry about the date. Charles said I had to," she was sure to keep her voice down. Toki knew that. He wasn't angry at her, but didn't have the audacity to take it out on Nathan.

She joined in the game, unsure of the controls but trying anyway. He helped her out every time she got confused. With every awkward giggle from Verra, he began to ease up more and more.

Eventually she started to get the hang of it, and ended up beating more rounds than him.

"You may have Dance Dance Revolution, but at least I have..." she struggled to pronounce the title of the game, "What is this?"

"Kampmannen," he laughed.

"Yeah, I knew that," she grinned, locking eyes with Toki. He hated that she had to be with Nathan. However, I'm that moment, it all seemed to disappear. She wanted him.

A few minutes later, they had snuck past the rest of the band and into Toki's bedroom. As soon as the door closed, their lips were pressed together. He ran his hands through her damp hair as she pulled herself closer to him, smiling through the kisses.

---

They slept soundly next to each other, their clothes somewhere on the floor. That night, just before falling asleep, Toki had managed to mutter out three words Verra wouldn't forget, no matter how tired she was.

A/n: Uh, I don't write smut lol but I'm pretty sure you can imagine what went on there. So yeah, I'm glad you've made it this far into the story because things are starting to heat up (woaaoaoh). Also, yeah, Verra is still wearing the walking boot. What'cha gonna do?