DEAR, DEAR US 𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘴

lalisa is sending letters for her brother who is in the army and preparing for the upcoming war, but what she doesn't know is that she's sending letters to sargeant wong yukhei, the enemy.
↳ LUCAS × LISA

______

territory 12 - train station

families huddled together, people crying out for their dear husbands or dear people as they waved them goodbye. a small family was among them, a pair of siblings held hands together as they whispered careful words to one another.

behind them, stood a male who cradled a child in his arms while he smiled warmly at the brother and his sister who didn't want to let go of one another.

but eventually, the train honked loudly and they knew they really had to part.

"take care, be careful, make sure to come back to us." the sister said, tears brimming her eyes as her lips trembled.

the brother nodded, determined and pulled his sister for a hug. "I won't let you down, lalisa. I'll definitely come home — as a hero to our country too."

the female nodded furiously and wrapping her arms around him before the brother pulled away when having someone call out to him.

he looked over his sister's shoulder and gave the man behind her a firm look before raising his hand and doing a formal stand, the man did the same pose.

"take care of her while I'm gone."

the man nodded firmly. "of course I will, sargeant." and with that, he left for the train. the door sliding shut the moment he stepped inside. not long after, the train breathed out steam and started to move out of the station.

people waved their flags and hats and hands, lalisa could only hug her husband as their child was still crying in their arms.

territory 8 - base 2

"sergeant wong!" called out a young boy, no older than 17 years of age, who approached a much taller figure yet who was close to his age. "sergeant!" he greeted formally the moment he stopped.

the male turned his way after throwing his duffel bag into the truck that was filled amongst others. he eyes the boy up and down before nodding his head.

"stand down, soldier." he placed his hands down as he was told. "what is it?"

"sir, major lee wants to know where your whereabouts will be when we arrive at the new territory."

the elder scoffed before he started to walk off. "which major lee, soldier."

"major lee taeyong, sir."

"tell him we will be finding out when we arrive."

the boy had his eyes wide and his jaw almost drop before he quickly recovered with a shake of his own head. "I'm sorry, sir, but I can't give such an answer to major lee —"

"and why not?" sergeant wong cut him off quickly with also a sharp stare.

the young male trembled under such a gaze and swallowed thickly. "major lee especially told not to come back with such a response from you, sir."

the taller male seemed to look over the boy for a few minutes until the elder broke into a smile and shuffled the younger's hair.

"geez, no need to be scared of your own brother." he reminded before walking off again. the boy sighed before following right after.

"I can't really treat you informally under military grounds can I..." he whispered so that only his brother could hear. "but yukhei, I really mean it when major lee said I —"