SWEVEN 𝘸𝘰𝘰𝘳𝘰𝘴é pt.2

upon stepping into the dining room, jungwoo felt even more uncomfortable when seeing a young female — he guessed she was older than him despite her youthful and pretty looks.

hajun introduces her as alice, his eldest daughter and she looked to be really polite. jungwoo was sat across from her during the meal, his parents were happily chatting as they were sitting closer to one another.

it was clear that the air around doyoung wasn't very nice, making him hard to talk to — jungwoo wasn't sure about himself but he was sure that he must've looked quite awkward.

he tried to enjoy the food that was made, but he could barely feel it on his tongue with the sour feeling deep inside.

his eyes would go everywhere around the room, taking in every detail they could just to pass time.

and that was how most of the evening went — not a word exchanged between hajun and the boys or the mother calling out to them softly, nor was alice wanting to interact with them at all.

soon, jungwoo felt the urge to use the bathroom and decided to use that as an excuse.

"... excuse me?" everyone turned to him and he inhaled rather sharply. "can I use the bathroom...?"

hajun nodded with a smile. he looked towards alice.

"of course, alice, do you mind taking jungwoo?" the female nodded with a smile before standing up. the younger boy followed motion.

jungwoo looked around as he trailed behind alice down the corridor of the house, it was quite a spacious and humble home it seemed. nothing too extravagant. alice made sure he remembered the way back into the dining room before going to join the others.

jungwoo took his time, pulling his phone out to see it was already nine in the evening and a sigh left him silently. he hadn't said a word during the two hours he spent in that table.

it was already becoming quite annoying, but what could he do? he saw three messages sent from his girlfriend but he decided not to read them and just put his phone back in his pocket.

while washing his hands, he lifted his eyes to the mirror and stared at himself, but then they avert to the door when hearing what seemed to be like footsteps going down the hall.

they were very quiet but jungwoo heard them.

"doyoung...?" he muttered the name before drying his hands on the towel that neatly folded on the side of the sink.

he opened the door and looked both sides of the corridor, nobody was there and leaving the boy confused.

"doyoung?" he raised his voice to call out the name. but no answer was heard back from his older brother. "alice?" he tried.

jungwoo shrugged his shoulder when getting no response from them and made his way out of the bathroom. he slowly trailed down the corridor and had his eyes looking around for anything, out of curiosity.

they caught sight of a table and a few wall pictures. he stopped on his tracks to take his time looking at them.

he saw family pictures, but particularly the pictures of alice, hajun and they had a girl in between them.

jungwoo had never seen the girl before. and she wasn't at the dinner table.

she looked to be not much younger than he was but she looked beautiful, a bright smile and clean features, the more jungwoo found himself looking at the pictures of her, he somehow felt at ease.

he took notice that most pictures on the wall were of her, and they were quite funny. she had been holding all kinds of plushies in one, having a dirty face while showing her hands that were dirtied with chocolate in another, and another one was of her drawing some sort of object while staring at it rather clumsily.

jungwoo wondered what kind of person this girl was and why she would let such funny pictures of her being taken. he knew that most of the girls his age would be taking much fancier photos.

he'd seen pictures of his girlfriend in her parents house and they all looked rather sophisticated, some of them showed her mature side, others showed her having fun with her friends and smiling, but not even one of them looked childish.

the boy assumed this girl was just carefree and liked to enjoy her life and not care about what others thought of her.

he started to turn around while still looking at the pictures of the girl, but when his head turned to face the front, he almost stopped in his track once again.

at the end of the corridor, peeking through the corner of it into the other room, stood a girl. strangely, she looked familiar to the girl in the pictures jungwoo had just seen.

but this girl was tall and slim. long, wavy, soft-looking dark strands of brown flowed down her back and she seemed to be wearing her pijimas — baby blue shorts with the pattern of ice-cream cones and a matching shirt.

but he couldn't see her face, but jungwoo could tell she was hesitating about something by the way she twirled her feet on the ground and was almost cowering back.

the boy decided to carefully approach her.

and when coming close enough, he spoke up. "do you need help with something?" his voice sounded hesitant.

the girl turned around and it was confirmed to be the same girl from the pictures, but instead of smiling, she jumped back and shrieked. her actions shocked jungwoo, especially since she looked to be frightened by the boy who was still confused as to why she reacted that way.

he heard people rushing from the dining room and out to the corridor, they looked towards jungwoo before looking the other way. hajun, alice and his mother gasped softly but doyoung had the same look on his face as his younger brother.

hajun and alice rushes towards the girl on the floor and jiyoung stood in the same but glanced at her sons.

"chaeyoung-ah..." jungwoo turned to his attention to hajun who whispered the name softly while staring down at the girl who was trembling slightly. "it's okay — remember that I told you how jiyoung had two boys?"

"b-but chaeyoung doesn't — "

"chaeyoung doesn't like new people, and that's okay, but these are doyoung," he pointed to the male who still stood at the entrance of the dining room. "and jungwoo." he pointed towards the still too confused boy. "and they are going to be a part of our family. I told you that, didn't I?"

the girl on the floor glanced between the two of them before looking towards jiyoung who smiled warmly down at her.

"... they are going to be a part of our family? you are going to be a part of our family?" her voice was small and insecure, but there was a hint of something that jungwoo couldn't quite put his finger on.

the older woman nodded and steadily approached the girl on the ground. "yes, we are all going to be one family, chaeyoung, sweetie."

"will... will they play with me?" chaeyoung has her eyes wide with curiosity and a glint of excitement. jiyoung looked over her shoulder and nodded.

"of course they will, they will be your brothers from now."

this was something neither doyoung nor jungwoo were expecting to hear last minute.

____________

UNPUBLISHED ( DRAFT ) COPYRIGHT MILKYKIBUM