VOGUE ft. 𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘴

*skip into time, it's already been a few years since bp debuted*

PAGE 13: I NOW FEEL LIKE IM WALKIMG ON AIR_______"I know it sounds weird to say it — but even as a busy person, I now have more freedom to do what I want and therefore I feel happier

_______
"I know it sounds weird to say it — but even as a busy person, I now have more freedom to do what I want and therefore I feel happier. I barely feel the pressure!"

Interview by Kwon Sooyoung.

KS: BLACKPINK's youngest member, LISA, has come onto our set today! Hello, LISA!

LS: Hello! Nice to meet you.

KS: Nice to meet you too, how are you feeling today?

LS: I'm feeling wonderful thank you very much, and you?

KS: Amazing myself, I heard it is BLACKPINK's seventh anniversary? Congratulations! What have you done to celebrate?

LS: Thank you very much! Unfortunately, we haven't been able to celebrate as a group since most of us have so many things going on.

KS: Ah, Jennie is on her SOLO tour, Jisoo is acting across the seas! And Chaeyoung who is going to have a child, soon. And you, who is busy with doing music

LS: Yes, I try my best, both at producing and choreographing, it's not easy. But at the same time, I enjoy the challenge.

KS: Right — Lisa. Can I start asking the questions we prepared for you?

LS: Of course, go right ahead.

Section 1 - daily life

1. Right now, what do you do on a daily basis? How is your current life?
LS: Right now, as I mentioned — I am focusing on music. But also, I'm tending to focus more on myself since I now have more freedom to do so. I've been feeling more relaxed even with the lot of work I have and much more lighter than before. My current life is great!

2. What type of music have you been working with? Any spoilers to give to fans?
LS: [Laughs] I won't be giving any spoilers in title tracks, but I can say that the type of music I'm working on is in between energetic — hip hop and also more emotional, so that I can push myself further.

3. How many hours a day do you work?
LS: Right now, I'm managing myself with time. I find time for myself and people and work. In total, I work for 7 hours a day and on some days, I work less since I'm being told not to overwork myself.

4. Do you get to hang out with friends during the time you're not working?
LS: Well, most of my friends are busy. So I usually go out with Chaeyoung, my band mate or my Partner.

5. What about when you can't hang out with anyone? What do you do?
LS: I usually just relax, watch a movie or maybe even read a book, Ive buying them recently online. And sometimes, I take walks through the park but only at night for most part.

6. Do you think you have time to visit your family?
LS: I believe that as much as I'm working hard right now, it doesn't give me an excuse to not see my family. I've always considered family first, before work as much as that is reckless of me [Laughs], but I try my best to visit my mum when I can, especially since she is in Korea for most of the time, so we get to see each other a lot.

7. What is you goal right now?
LS: My goal... My goal is to enhance my skills in music, dancing and rapping have always been my strength but I myself feel that I have never connected properly with music. So, right, I think I'm doing a good job at producing what I'm doing.

8. Anything you would like to say to fans?
LS: I won't disappoint you guys with my third comeback, this time, I'm taking more part in it!

Section 2 - Private Life/Love

9. It has been revealed that you've been dating NCT's LUCAS for over four years now. How is your relationship with him?
LS: Me and Yukhei, we understand each other very well. He is what most people would call, a "partner in crime" and I love him very much, he is hardworking and also takes care of me and I also do the same for him.

10. When did you two meet?
LS: Well, I was already friends with Ten since a young age, so eventually I did get to meet all of the NCT members and Yukhei was one of them. He left me quite an impression, he was very energetic! We met at one of the awards evening in 2019 backstage just as they came out and we were going to sit on our chairs. Eventually, he came up to me and saying how he admires me and hears so much about me from Ten, we had a very good conversation and later we exchanged numbers. We continued to talk to each other for a long time and then we started to go on dates.

11. Looking back, did you find yourself conflicted to be dating him?
LS: Of course, I was. My dating ban wasn't off then, I was 23. And he is also younger than me — but just by two years, and there was also his fan base. It's terrifying because I was not only thinking of my career but also his, it was too soon and I wanted the best for him.

KS: But in the end, you did date.
LS: Yes, [Laughs] it's also because you can't ignore feelings — is what I believe. Of course we both agreed to keep it a secret due to my dating ban and he was thankfully fine with it. Our relationship is amazing, he's always so understanding of me. Did I say I love him very much? I love him very much,

KS: Then that leads us to questions that a few fans have asked.
LS: Oh, boy.

12. When did you and LUCAS first shared a kiss?
LS: Oh my gosh, [Embarrassed] I guess I'll answer that. I'm a grown woman!

LS: Our first kiss... was in my apartment while we were in the kitchen cooking something for ourselves. It was three weeks into our relationship.

13. Who said I love you first?
LS: It was almost me, but he beat me to it. I was about to say it, but then he said it first. My heart exploded.

14. What is one flaw of him that you don't like?
LS: There is nothing don't like about — oh wait! No, there is.

KS: What is it?

LS: It's when he leaves his clothes around the bathroom floor. We have a basket for the dirty clothes but he always throws it to the ground instead and I really don't like it. But it's also not something to argue about so I don't mention it, but I think he could also do it himself. Asides from that, he's a wonderful partner.

15. When you go out on dates, do people recognise you? If they do, what are their reactions?
LS: People have different reactions, of course, but for most part, most fans are happy for the both. But I find it so funny when they say "if you hurt her or him, I will go after you" it used to scared me at first but now I find it adorable. It shows how much they care for us, I suppose.

16. Any plans for marriage in the future with him? It's been four years.
LS: Well, you should ask him that question. But he also has his own team to worry about instead of only me.

17. Last question: What does he do, that makes you feel loved by him or love him even more?
LS:... When he's being him. When he smiles, when he laughs and jokes around like he always does. When he treats me like I'm his princess and when he lets me take care of him, too, everything about him is so... lovable, I love every single part of him.

KS: That's really sweet... that is relationship goals, right there.

LS: [Laughs] Thank you very much!

KS: Thank you for coming here today LISA, it was a fantastic interview.

LS: Aw, thank you, Sooyoung for having me.