SWEVEN 𝘸𝘰𝘰𝘳𝘰𝘴é pt.1

jungwoo first had to deal with how his mother fell out of love with his father for another man, how she gave her heart away so quickly would always be something he wouldn't understand.

  and second, he had to deal with how he just found that the new partner had a daughter. but there was something peculiar about her... she didn't act her age.

SWEVEN:
(ˈswɛvən)
noun / archaic
- a vision or dream
↳ JUNGWOO × ROSÉ

______

"but mom — " doyoung raises his voice to the woman who was trying to carefully drive with her eldest son in the front.

jungwoo could already see how she looked absolutely tired with the childish antics he was giving her, and because of where they were going now, the boy knew she wouldn't be able to hold it in for much longer knowing how much of a short patience string she had.

"doyoung, please be quiet." she starts lowly. "can't you see I'm trying to drive?"

"but I told you that I don't want to go!" he exclaims and jungwoo held onto the seat belt that was across his chest when the car sped up and came to a quick stop on the corner of some road.

his eyes didn't avert from the streets even when hearing his mother and older brother shout words at each other. he didn't blame doyoung for acting this way at all.

he should've been acting the same way and talking with the same tone and shouting with the same anger — but he didn't since he knew he had to keep it in himself.

not for the sake of his mother, but for the sake of himself and maybe even his brother. or even his father who was now far, far away from where they were.

jungwoo could easily count how many months it's been since they left his father's house, his parents divorcing after the 24 years of marriage they had — jungwoo having to follow his mother's orders still since he was still just below the age of 18.

and doyoung came due to the lie his mother told him at first saying they were to see a relative.

well, it wasn't an entire lie.

the relative was just about to come into the family — start being a part of it.

"can't you start behaving like an adult?!" jungwoo hears his mom cry out loud in frustration. "can't you be happy for me?!"

doyoung punched the door, jungwoo jumps in his own seat.

"no!" he shouts back. "how can you just leave dad like that? out of nowhere and jungwoo and I don't have an explanation!"

the woman had her face turn bright red — not from embarrassment but from anger. her fingers gripped tightly onto the steering wheel.

"you will be meeting hajun and his family because then," she seemed to snarl before starting the car once again and driving off. "you don't need to come complaining in my ear. you've already left the house anyway so you can go to you father and forget about me."

"well, then I'll be taking jungwoo with me." doyoung states firmly.

but the woman laughed loudly and obnoxiously.

"believe me, son, you can try me."

the younger boy who had been quietly sat at the back of the car the entire time had his hands tighten even more onto the belt to the point his knuckles had unknowingly turned white.

jungwoo silently wished nothing of the what had been happening was happening at all and he just wished he could rewind back a year to when his parents looked happy — or at least he thought they were at that time.

that's what they showed him.

because he didn't know when their feeling for each other flew out the window.

______

they parked outside a house that looked similar to theirs but the small details that made them different could be pointed out.

jungwoo steps out of the car the same time his brother did, feeling relieved at how he could breathe in the normal oxygen instead of the one in the car — which had a thick tension mixed to it.

it was already quite late in the evening, the sun settled half of itself beneath the surface and displaying a beautiful taint of different colours onto the sky.

but the young boy had to snap out of his thoughts when he heard his mother's voice call out his name. and he made his way behind her whilst looking at the ground.

he couldn't look up to even his brother who was still in a silent anger. but he glanced up to see his mother knocking on the door and straightening down her dress.

a smile now seemed to adorn her features that were once scowling.

"alright," she starts in a whisper. "jungwoo, can I at least count on you?"

the pressure he already felt was amazing. jungwoo wanted to say no because he knew he didn't want to be a part of this like doyoung.

thankfully, there was no need to answer since the door opened.

there stood the man that doyoung could easily express his hate towards but jungwoo having to keep his own feelings contained inside him.

a smile was shown. "jiyoung." his voice called out his mother's name warmly. he spread out his arms and the woman was almost eager to fall into his embrace — and giving the impression to her sons that this man had cast some sort of spell on their mother.

"thank you for coming tonight, you look beautiful." he compliments and jungwoo had to dig his nails into the palm of his hand.

jiyoung smiles and a dusk of blush covered the high of her cheeks. "thank you, hajun." she turns to her sons, and her smile seemed to falter but that had been barely noticeable. but the two boys could notice. "these two are my boys — I've told you about them."

"ah — yes!" the man grins. "doyoung and jungwoo, a pleasure to meet the both of you. I've heard so much from your mother."

"I'm sure you have." jungwoo looked away when hearing doyoung say those words with a smile on his features. he didn't need to look to know how his mother probably now looked his older brother's way with a glare.

but the young boy coughed to try and get rid of the awkwardness within his and probably the atmosphere at the entrance.

he tried his best to smile. "and we've heard just as much about you — you look as smart as our mom describes you to be." he was glad with himself that he could be this smooth.

his mother's expression softened into a relieved one. the older man was a bit surprised before his face reddens and he looks away.

"I'm happy to hear your mother compliments me." he laughs lightly before opening the door wider, allowing them to come into the house. "come in! dinner has just been put down on the table."

____________

UNPUBLISHED ( DRAFT ) COPYRIGHT MILKYKIBUM